To provide quality teaching and learning opportunities within the specific areas outlined in the post in order to maximise the potential of every student and to undertake non-lecturing duties as appropriate.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a Level 5 qualification in a subject area relevant to the Special Needs curriculum, such as, Hospitality / Catering, Retail, Business or Communication Development, or Administration.
- Applicants must meet the criteria for teaching Essential Skills Literacy in Further Education in Northern Ireland as specified by the Department for the Economy //www.economy-ni.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/del/es-01-12-qualifications-required-to-deliver-essential-skills.pdf
- Applicants must meet the criteria for teaching in Further Education in Northern Ireland as specified by the Department for the Economy – //www.economy-ni.gov.uk/publications/fe-0112-qualifications-required-teach-institutions-further-education
- Applicants must have 1 years’ relevant experience (full time or equivalent) of working in an education context with people with severe and / or moderate learning difficulties.
- Applicants must have 1 years’ experience delivering Essential Skills Literacy.
- Applicants must have experience of teaching people with challenging behaviours.
- Applicants must have access to suitable transport for business purposes to effectively discharge the duties of this post.
In accordance with the College selection procedures the following eligibility criteria may be used should this vacancy attract a large number of applicants:
- Applicants must hold a PGCE (FE) or equivalent qualification recognised by the Department for the Economy for teaching in FE in Northern Ireland.
- Proven ability to impart subject knowledge and/or vocational skills at an appropriate level in a teaching context.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team in the planning, implementation and completion of projects and schemes.
- Proven ability to analyse information in relation to developing new technologies and communicate this effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to motivate and enthuse self and others to meet deadlines and achieve targets.
- Proven ability to use a range of ICT.