Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 3 days ago
Apps Support Intmd Analyst
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Are you a highly motivated individual looking for a new challenge? We have an opportunity for a Senior Support Analyst within our Belfast EMEA Commodities PS team supporting Front to Back office functions for the Business Franchise. In this role your focus will include – driving delivery into both regional support to desk/traders, operations users and development/support peers globally.
Daily highlights include responsibilities to assist batch efficiency and stability work-streams, engage continuous improvement review for program books of work, and intra week problem management for Citi’s ETRM, Market Data, eTrading, and strategic Risk/Analytics platforms.
Role / Position Overview
Within this role you are engaged closely with colleagues in Singapore, Houston and locally inside your region to ensure seamless support of our client applications. You will work with both FICC Regional and Global Level 2 Support teams, Development, and Business partners frequently to help achieve program delivery globally.
The support team works together mirroring its team members located in Houston and Singapore – it is anticipated that the role will require 75% hands-on work – analytical and problem solving background/skills will be a plus. On-site cover between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, this allows adequate coverage for both start of day and intraday handover between our Asia and North America client-base 6 days a week.
If you like solving problems this is a superb opportunity to learn and grow within our organization.
• You will be responsible for handling day to day BAU support for the Belfast Global Commodities business and associated downstream teams. Exposure to systems like OpenLink Endur (ETRM), Simpliciti (Risk/PV) and much more.
• Ensure near 100% availability of applications and associated infrastructure, as well as defining dedicated stability measures to design, test, and accomplish a material reduction in outages
• Work closely with second level support peers in Markets, Development, and the Commodities Business groups to settle strategy and priorities aligning teams to meeting the organization requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all partners.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support, answer queries via phone, e-mail and in person – you will have engagement with traders/desk heads and global support partners
• Excellent exposure to a continually improving Commodities Technology Stack and industry award-winning Business Desks in Global Markets
• We have direct ability to liaise and own issues outside of Commodities technology, such as middle office, operations, front office, business unit management and other support teams giving opportunities to facilitate effective and timely resolution to user queries and issues
• Internal Citi and External Markets training is highly supported – we look to develop and maintain our Analysts with best of class development options. This includes direct exposure with our Business SME’s who lead deep dives into how Citi handles its Oil, Gas, Power and Structured/Index products to name just a few.
• Working knowledge of Oracle SQL. (Able to build ad hoc SQL queries)
• Prior experience with Solaris/Linux a plus with ability to navigate the system and core administration functions)
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems/components
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• IT (spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills)
• Positive attitude and keen to learn.
• Ability to work under stress and time constraints.
• Basic Business knowledge/ understanding of financial markets and products.
• Experience with Messaging Technologies (TIBCO EMS a plus)
• Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS Netagent
• Job scheduling tool such as Autosys.
• Issue tracking and reporting using tools such as JIRA
• Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
• Good all-round PC skills. (I.e. Windows OS / Networks / General Hardware)
• Do you want to take advantage of this exciting opportunity? Apply today.
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience in a computer/business related discipline is desirable.
• Ensure all productions issues are logged and updated as per policies and procedures
• Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
• Ability to plan and organize workload
• Strong client facing skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant partners (Trading/MO, Development/Support)
• Excellent team builder and standout colleague.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer