Excellent opportunity for a Application Architect based in Belfast/L’Derry
Title: Application Architect- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate Technology Architecture is a key contributor to the software engineering and innovation process within Allstate. Architects are exposed to varied and challenging workloads across the enterprise playing a crucial role in driving technical direction and establishing and upholding the highest governance and standards. In facilitating positive professional relationships with an array of geographically diverse technology and business partners, architects help direct project work in line with business strategy to ensure that IT systems have a high-quality architecture & design.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
As an architect you will:
- Participate in planning activities for the project or activity
- Produce architecture deliverables to high quality, such as Conceptual Solution Architecture diagrams, and maintain these deliverables throughout project lifecycle and lifespan of the solution
- Provide communication, documentation, and escalation of architectural impacts and risks to the appropriate parties (peer Architects, Project Managers, Manager, Delivery Area Contacts, etc.)
- Collaborate with other architects to develop solutions that integrate well across platforms.
- Support the Solution Design process
- Contribute to and participate in cross-domain architecture reviews (X-DAR)
- Contribute to code/design inspections/peer reviews as needed
- Provide consultation and review to other architects and delivery teams.
- Support and develop relationships with App Developers, and System Analysts
- Review and contribute to Business Requirements
- Develop application architectures based upon Business Requirements and other constraints
- Collaborate with colleagues to create business driven technology roadmaps
- Contribute to architecture direction statements that guide planning and implementation of strategies and projects
- Promote adherence to GPPs, Direction statements, Roadmaps (Business Capability, Technical, and Application), and other standards
- Adhere to the enterprise Product Evaluation and Acquisition Process (PEAP)
- Coordinate activity between architectural horizontals
- Contribute to Technical and Application roadmaps as necessary
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- At least 5 years’ experience designing and developing software applications
- Knowledge of fundamental web, mobile and cloud development & security practices
- Good exposure to API Best Practices, Governance & Operationalization Models and awareness of Common Technology frameworks to enable the same (Spring Suite, API Gateway technologies)
- Good knowledge of Integration Technologies/Patterns, Distributed Application Architecture & Patterns
- Experience of developing and designing solutions using standard patterns, practices, and frameworks
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work independently on POCs
- Previous experience in architecture
- Previous experience in working with web based applications with high availability and high volume
- Basic knowledge of the insurance industry and personal line product business processes
- Understanding of SOA Architectures, micro-services and cloud based deployments
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with the following tools/TECHNOLOGY STACK:
- Java & Spring Framework
- AngularJS or ReactJS
- MongoDB, Cassandra
- CI/CD Tools including Jenkins, Code Scanning Tools, Automated Test Tools etc
- Travel Requirement
- Occasional short-term as required
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company
Closing Date: Friday 16th November 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position