Excellent opportunity for Advanced level Community Care Worker based in Coleraine and surrounding areas.
Job Title: Advanced level Community Care Worker (full time)
Location(s): Coleraine and surrounding areas
Hours: Guaranteed Hours – Variety of day and evening shifts (Mon-Sun)
Hourly Rate / Salary / Allowances: £10.00ph
Annual Leave: 5.6 weeks pro rata
Location: Community based post.
Reports To: Domiciliary Manager
Job Purpose: Facilitate and deliver intermediate domiciliary care for clients being discharged from hospital or other intermediate care setting to their own homes. Applicants will need to show specialist knowledge of the needs of people requiring care and be able to work as part of a highly effective team to ensure the highest standard of care is being provided. Applicants should have good understanding of care planning, good awareness of health and safety issues, risk assessing and knowledge of the custody and control of medication.
This post requires the holder to be available at varying times and includes working at weekends and on statutory days on a rota basis. Client circumstances change and the rotas can change accordingly.
Day Shift: Guaranteed shift pay from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm (10.25 hours paid)
Evening Shift: Guaranteed shift pay from 6.00 pm to 11.00 pm (5 hours paid)
MAIN DUTIES AND TASKS
To Meet The Needs Of The Service User
- Communicate as required, on the service user’s behalf with multi-disciplinary team professionals.
- Communicate and record care, rehabilitation, reablement actions with service user into Care File and to multi-disciplinary team as required.
- Liaise with senior company personnel if ‘start up care package’ issues are found with client, pharmacy, medical condition or changing care needs.
- Assist with all aspects of personal care
- Assist with toileting and continence related tasks including changing incontinence pads and care of catheter or stoma bags
- Ensure nutritional and hydration needs are met
- Prompt and administer medication
- Assist with practical support such as light cleaning; fire lighting; shopping; dish-washing; laundry; maintaining spectacles, false teeth, hearing aids
- Assist clients to move safely
- Provide a care sitting service to give respite to other carers
- Encourage and promote client independence and choice and uphold client rights and dignity
- Follow guidance and programmes of reablement and rehabilitation as prescribed by the multi-disciplinary team
- Report as required to Management
- Carry out risk assessments where required.
- Be familiar with Contingency Plan arrangements and be flexible with working arrangements to ensure service users care needs are delivered.
- Adapt practice to changing needs of clients.
- Ensure that issues arising with care plan or client condition are reported contemporaneously to key service management personnel and multi-disciplinary team
- Adhere to company confidentiality policy
- Complete good quality records in accordance with company standards
- Welcome new staff, lead by example and promote a team working culture
- Maintain a high level of attendance at work
- Follow the company mileage claim procedure
- Answer calls from your co-ordinator/line manager and respond to messages immediately ensuring you have a working mobile phone at all times
- Maintain a flexible approach to your rota which may require change at short notice
- Follow the out of hours on call procedure appropriately and participate in care worker ‘stand-by’ on an occasional and rotational basis.
- Assist On Call in an advisory capacity as requested in regard to securing cover for shifts and any other adverse events.
- Develop professional rapport with multi-disciplinary team members involved in service user care.
Health & Safety
- An employee who drives for work purposes will be required to drive: to and from pick up points, client’s homes, employer/training/meeting premises; participate in car pooling/sharing; provide evidence of car and driving details and adhere to our Safe Driving at Work Policy
- Promote safe working practice at all times
Training & Development
- Adhere to the standards and codes of conduct laid down by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council and maintain NISCC registration
- Attend mandatory training and maintain a log of your continuous learning
- Attend meetings such as team briefs, one to one reviews
This Job Description is an outline of the post. We reserve the right to amend this document at any time. The Company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times
Please click HERE to download Personnel Specification
Closing Date: 16th November 2018
The Company operates a No Smoking Policy
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
CV’S are not accepted