We are seeking a Trainee Mechanical Contracts Manager both to assist on large-scale construction projects throughout NI & London.
Dowds Group are a national mechanical, electrical and specialist construction with offices in Ballymoney, Belfast and London. Delivering quality installations to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland, with continued growth, we are keen to take on new talent to help us expand our operations.
The role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager (CM), the successful candidate will have the following duties:
To be trained in & assist with:
- Estimating – the ability to read drawings and extract all equipment for costing.
- Health & Safety – inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, tool box talks, monitoring & assist writing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan
- Procurement – monitoring stock of materials, assist site supervisor timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, trouble-shooting
- Programme – monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client
- Quality – check sheets, inspection of quality of installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meetings
- Testing – carrying out and/or signing off tests, overseeing other testing on site
- Commissioning – overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays,
- O&M – production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building log book & operations guide
- Communication with the Contracts Manager is essential – supervision of the site and update reporting directly to the CM
- Communication – good communication / reporting with the Main Contractor
- Escalation of issues to Contracts Manager
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project team from client/end user through to maintenance team
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues
- Liaising with the design team & answering queries
- Overseeing specialist installations – have/build on a brief knowledge of all mechanical systems & their operation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 7 years Site Supervision experience or alternatively a HNC in Building Studies
- Experience in Mechanical Design
- Good Mechancial Knowledge
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
Please click the APPLY button below to send a copy of your CV and Covering letter
The closing date for Applications is 21st October 2018.