Temporary Accountant - Newtownards - 6 months - £33k
A well known public sector organisation, based in Newtownards, are currently recruiting through VanRath for an Accountant for their Resource Utilisation team. This role is due to commence immediately due to restructuring internally and is ideal for a part or fully qualified accountant with previous experience in the Public Sector. The role will be for c.6 months with strong likelihood of extension thereafter.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the role will be broad and varied with the following duties:
- The postholder will play a significant role in the analysis and provision of information to ensure that the organisation maximises its use of resources to deliver modern, safe, effective and efficient services for clients.
- The postholder will develop and deliver changes in the financial regime, focussing on income maximisation, cost improvement and support the organisation’s reform and modernisation agenda.
- The postholder will provide financial information and advice to senior accountants and other senior colleagues across the organisation. He/she will contribute to the development, delivery and achievement of the Corporate Plan.
- Develop, in conjunction with senior managers, robust efficiency programmes which will be effectively mainstreamed within core business and which seek to deliver improvements for clients.
- To undertake the production, analysis and interpretation of benchmarking and VFM/Audit Studies, ensuring the implications are communicated, understood and acted upon.
- To use Costing, Benchmarking, VFM/Audit Studies and other information to proactively challenge performance in clinical and non clinical areas to drive reform, modernisation and service improvements.
- Assist in the development of the new financial regime and commissioning arrangements, to promote and ensure income maximisation and cost improvement.
- Provide financial support to the organisation, establishing robust systems of costing, modelling and monitoring. Work closely with senior managers to ensure the implications are communicated, understood and acted upon.
- Assist in the production, analysis, interpretation and comparison of the financial aspects of complex problems and business cases to reform and modernise health and social care services. Providing financial information and advice across the organisation.
- Assist in the provision of financial information which will focus on income maximisation and cost improvements, working with non finance staff across the business and promote the development of integrated performance information.
- The postholder will be expected to advise and influence managers of other systems in order to ensure the information needs of the Finance Department are met.
- Assist in adhoc projects, establishing methods and systems of collating and recording financial information, communicating and implementing processes accordingly.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Fully Qualified (or QBE) Accountant with proven experience of working at a relevant level within the Public Sector
– Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts, analysing costs, with knowledge of budgets, forecasts and variances
– Highly computer literate with a good level of familiarity with MS Excel (Pivots Tables, V Look Ups experience preferable)
– Immediate availability
c. £32,000 – 33,000 (pro rata)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.