Excellent opportunity for Support Manager based in Carrickfergus.
Title: Support Manager
- 5 days per week
- £10.38 per hour
Responsible to: Regional Housing & Support Manager
Abbeyfield & Wesley are pleased to advertise for a Support Manager to join our enthusiastic and innovative team based in Carrickfergus. The successful Candidate will join us at an exciting time in the Association’s development and be a key player in the successful running of the Carrickfergus House to deliver the excellent service Abbeyfield & Wesley are renowned for.
Working in conjunction with the Regional Housing & Support Manager, the Support Manager will oversee the day to day management of the Carrickfergus House, ensuring the best possible service is provided to our Residents.
This is a truly fulfilling role within an Association dedicated to encouraging enhanced quality of living and dignity and respect for elderly people within our communities. If you would like to become part of this incredible Association and being a Support Manager is the role for you, we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
- Assist the Regional Housing & Support Manager in overseeing the management of the House to ensure an efficient, caring and compliant service is delivered to Residents.
- Monitor Residents’ Needs Assessment, Risk Assessments and Support Plan processes.
- Encourage a caring, homely and secure environment and ensure all employees within the House provide the highest quality of support for Residents.
- Monitor compliance with Resident Agreements and advise the Regional Housing & Support Manager of non-compliance issues.
- Actively manage Health and Safety and compliant hygiene safety standards within the House.
- Assist the Regional Housing & Support Manager in the application and development of policies and procedures to ensure the service meets and exceeds the Supporting People requirements.
- Be the Abbeyfield & Wesley representative in the House for Visitors and prospective Residents.
- Deal calmly and compliantly with emergency situations, such as contacting the emergency services in a medical crisis.
- Assist the Regional Housing & Support Manager in the development of monthly staffing rosters for the House.
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals, taking into account any special dietary requirements as necessary in conjunction with the House Manager.
- Draw up healthy and hearty weekly menus for Residents.
- Prepare food purchase information in line with weekly menus.
- Manage staffing absences including the conducting of return to work interviews.
- Organise House activities for Residents and promote Abbeyfield & Wesley within the wider community.
- Conduct quarterly House meetings with all staff in conjunction with the Regional Support Manager.
Essential Criteria :
- Food Safety qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prepare meals for up to 10 people.
- A desire to encourage dignity, respect and quality of living for elderly people.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to keep records and monitor stock and purchases.
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, a supported housing/health & social care environment.
- First Aid in the workplace qualifications
- A willingness to achieve necessary qualifications to further develop your expertise and standards of service.
- Act in accordance with Abbeyfield & Wesley values, policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend meetings and training and development as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and act in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
- Be aware of and comply with safe working practices.
- Be aware of, act within and actively seek to promote Abbeyfield & Wesley policies in respect of equality and diversity.
- Undertake travel to other Abbeyfield & Wesley locations as required.
- Carry out any additional and reasonable duties as required.
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV.
Closing date: 26th October 2018