Location UK / Bangor Area
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £20000 - 30000
Updated 1 week ago
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting on behalf of a leading home and giftware retailer for a Store Manager.
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting on behalf of a leading home and giftware retailer for a Store Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with an international brand. The Store Manager will assume the overall management of the store, ensuring exceptional operational and merchandising standards within agreed budgets. You will lead by example, maximizing and driving store sales opportunities. The Store Manager will drive the team’s performance using your experience of positive team development, consistent daily management and inspirational motivation.
* To work within the company standards, strategies and initiatives
* To achieve sales targets by minimising costs and managing store budgets
* To deliver excellent customer service standards by example, ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management at all times
* To select, train, develop, review, manage, coach, support and set direction for all members of the store team to ensure high performance / productivity at all times
* To ensure the brand image is showcased through outstanding visual merchandising and service levels
* To minimise product loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed
* To enforce a safe working environment and staff and customer safety procedures
* To ensure stockroom processing and replenishment procedures are in place and that recalls and transfers are completed effectively and in a timely manner
* To walk the shop floor regularly, talking with customers and team members in order to identify and resolve potential and real-time service issues
* Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
* Deal with all daily issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc.)
* Any other duties role may involve
* 2 years in similar role- management experience in a fast paced company and can show strong organisational and management skills
* Experience of visual merchandising
* Experience in stock management
* Experience of leading, managing and training teams effectively to increase sales and profitability goals and ensure efficiency
* IT Proficiency – must be proficient in standard software systems such as Word, Excel Outlook, Skype, Teamviewer, Dropbox but also the ability to learn new Company software systems to view reports and other sales data
* Experience of dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organising training and development
* Experience of dealing with and resolving employment relations issues
* Confidently make decisions
* Flexible and adaptable within your approach with the ability to multitask
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Educational background in Retail Management is an advantage but not essential
* Able and willing to engage in travel between stores if required
The successful Store Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £24,000 depending on experience and staff discount.
The Store Manager role will be based in Bangor.
If you would like to discuss this Store Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.