This role plays a significant part in aligning the product vision and engineering efforts with the strategic direction of the company.
The Software Architect is responsible for a range of Strategic, Technical Leadership and Delivery focused activities.
The role is responsible for the leading design and development activities associated with the Cayan Payment Gateway. As part of a dynamic and exciting development center, the Software Architect will primarily work with C# and .Net, whilst utilizing state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioral Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
The role is required to build relationships and provide leadership in a variety of situations, across project types, with teams ranging from one to many. This role plays a significant part in aligning the architecture and technology vision with the strategic direction of the company, ensuring appropriate application of this vision within the development organization
Technical Leadership Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition and validation of technical guidance. E.g. architecture principles, styles, policies and standards
- Coach and Mentor engineering staff in the effective and pragmatic application of software design principles and coding best practices
- Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work, and contribute regularly to the general Cayan Engineering body of knowledge
- Build a strategic network of partnerships and relationships with individuals inside and outside of the engineering organization
Strategic & Enterprise Responsibilities
- Contribute to the definition of technical strategy and formal architecture for the Cayan Payment Gateway
- Make architectural decisions that impacts the entire Cayan Payment Gateway platform
- Monitor new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies into strategic opportunities.
- Contribute to build vs. buy decisions.
- Pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in enterprise systems, and effectively advocate for appropriate solutions to weaknesses
- Lead Architecture and Design activities throughout the delivery lifecycle for the Cayan Payment Gateway
- Verify code quality and implementation alignment with design decisions and platform guidance
- Create core components to address platform level concern
- Participate in coding activities that are in support of design outcomes – up to 50% of time depending on project
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in software and application architecture
- Recent experience software design and coding, with emphasis on integration/ Services / external facing API platforms
- Extensive experience with C# / .Net.
- Hands on experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues for both web-based applications and databases
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or alternatives
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions
- Technical leader and coach, aware of applicability of new technologies
- Can work at an abstract level and create abstractions that clarify and contribute to system integrity across the enterprise
- Tolerant of ambiguity, good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction
- Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions and experiment to validate approaches
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful and able to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions
- Excels at grasping existing code, and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including proven success in working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Comfortable working in an environment that is growing rapidly and constantly addressing the inherent challenges.
Note: candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including:
- private medical care
- health cash plan
- contributory pension
- life insurance
- income protection
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
For more information, please visit cayan.com/engineering