Exciting opportunity for an experienced SHEQ Specialist to join an established Building & Civil Engineering Contractor based in Belfast. Salary £35-45k + benefits package.
Job Title: SHEQ Manager
Salary Range: £35,000 – £45,000
Location: Belfast, Co Antrim. Some UK travel will be required due to Project locations.
Vickerstock are working closely with a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor to recruit an experienced SHEQ Manager.
Thanks to an increasing portfolio growth of multi million pound custom-built projects across the building and construction industry in the UK & Ireland our client seeks an ambitious career driven candidate to work on a diverse range of projects.
As this company specialise in both Building & Civil Engineering projects the successful candidate will gain first-hand experience working on large Commercial, Retail, Educational, Leisure, Health and Residential projects, aswel as Civil Engineering, Utilities, Power and Infrastructure projects throughout NI, ROI & UK.
This is the ideal role for a talented and detail-oriented SHEQ Manager or SHEQ Specialise seeking to take their next step within a growing organisation that actively encourages and facilitates personal growth and professional development.
SHEQ Manager Duties:
- Establish and promote best practice within the health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the H&S management system within the business unit, in compliance with ISO 9001 and 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Tasked with reviewing accident and incident statistics to identify trends and focus on areas for improvement.
- The SHEQ Manager will be responsible for undertaking inspections and site tours to ensure compliance with environmental policies and procedures.
- Will also liaise with the statutory authorities, clients and stakeholders to ensure the best practice is established across the business unit.
- Carry out and check risk assessments, considering how risks could be reduced;
- Identifying hazards and allocating actions ensuring closure;
- Carry out an investigations in the event of an accident/incident gathering evidence and keeping records
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all legislation ;
- Attend H&S client meeting;
- Arrange site inductions for new starters
- Make changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Ensure that all staff are informed of the company’s high standards of health and safety;
SHEQ Manager Criteria:
- Third level Degree or HND/HNC qualified and/or experience equivalent to a degree.
- 3+ years Health & Safety Management experience within the construction, civil engineering or utilities industry.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Graduate or Chartered Member of IOSH.
- ISO9901, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Internal Auditor OHSAS 18001.
- CSCS Card.
- Full driving licence.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn on 02890 313720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.