Exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established main contractor based in County Antrim. Salary £40-50k + benefits package, negotiable on experienced.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £40,000 – £50,000 (negotiable on experience).
Location: County Antrim, travel will be required.
Vickerstock are working alongside an award winning main contractor specialising in the fit out sector to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their established team.
With over 25+ years’ experience and significant internal growth and portfolio investment, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leaders in the fit out industry within the Northern Ireland and UK markets.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be reporting directing to the Commercial Director and be responsible for the preparation and management of the projects budgets.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Manage and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
- Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manager sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Cost control during design and construction stages of works.
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager.
- Undertaking audits of interim payments/final accounts.
- Conducting site measurements and preparing estimates for clients.
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines.
- Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Produce breakdowns, and undertake value engineering process to meet Client budgetary requirements.
- Attend Internal and external monthly review meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Attend internal hand-over meetings.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and be able to demonstrate a high level of experience (ideally 5+ years).
- Relevant Senior Commercial/Quantity Surveying/Management Surveying experience specifically within the construction, fit out and refurbishment industry is beneficial.
- Proven track record working as QS on high end fit out and/or refurbishment projects in excess of £5million.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.