Looking for a hands on Senior Network Operations Engineer to join a dynamic fast paced environment. The company is one of the best to work for in Belfast with great benefits and a very competitive salary.
Senior Network Operations Engineer
Senior Network Operations Engineer
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting a Senior Network Operations Engineer to work for a leading Financial Services company based in Belfast. The company is a fast dynamic workplace with a great opportunity to work closely with the Directors to contribute a fresh perspective to the Network Environment.
As a Senior Network Operations Engineer you will be working closely with the senior management across a wide range of projects. They are looking for a hands on individual who can lead the team and deal with anything from level one security issues, troubleshooting market data multicast routing and wireless problem on the trading floors.
The requirements of a Senior Project Operations Engineer will be:
- Lead in the troubleshooting of network based issues, being able to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
- Ability to work on simultaneous change implementations, with a focus on automation, documentation and collaboration with other teams
- Frequently engage in complex issues with both internal and external customers, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures
- Work with the engineering team on operational acceptance testing for new environments, while being able to analyze gaps in procedures and documentation.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to learn and support a multi-vendor environment
- Constantly evaluate existing designs or processes, while not being afraid to propose and implement changes to them
- React to an ever changing global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
The ideal candidate must be able to display the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Demonstrable industry experience (financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is a big plus)
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
- Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
- Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
- Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc)
- Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers
- Familiarity and/or experience with scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
- Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives
The salary is negotiable depending on experience. The company comes with great benefits i.e. optical, dental, gym membership, Life assurance.
For further information on this role or any other, please contact Matthew Evers in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page