It's likely that the successful candidate will move to Director level within 5 years to take on responsibility for the day to day running of the Firm.
Our client, based in Greater Belfast, is widely recognised as one of N.I.’s leading independent Building Services Engineering Consultancies.
Due to ongoing expansion, a superb opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the company at this time in its development.
Reporting to the Managing Director, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will move to Director level within 5 years to take on responsibility for the day to day running of the Firm to include client relationships, client growth as well as overseeing ongoing client projects.
SUMMARY OF KEY DUTIES
- You will liaise with Architects, Project Managers, Building Control professionals and members of the Design Team to ensure all information is provided accurately and projects are successful.
- Specifically, you will ensure the electrical aspects of each project perform as specified, provide advice to clients regrading designs and cost-effective energy systems and conduct site surveys to provide condition reports.
- Ensuring that the electrical aspects of a project perform effectively and efficiently.
- Can advise clients about design and cost effective energy systems for building services such as lighting & power, promote energy efficiency and address other sustainability issues.
- Site Surveys and providing condition reports.
- Looking into the sustainability and cost effectiveness of a design project.
- As a design team member, discussing the clients’ requirements, visiting site to appraise and measure etc.
- Identify the materials and equipment to be used in various systems and work with the suppliers of these systems to get the best price and quality products and services.
- Prepare sketch schemes for client approval and develop working drawings for statutory approvals.
- Producing detailed working drawings for tender action in conjunction with the design team.
- Prepare detailed schedules of work and specifications
- Ensuring that all building services meet health and safety standards and up to date regulations.
- Invite tenders and appraise.
- Administer terms of building contract and prepare tender submissions.
- Minimum Level 5 qualification in building services related discipline preferred.
- Chartered Status would be desirable but not essential.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role or site as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interest in building client relationships and enjoys both the client facing side as well as managing day to day projects
- Looking to build a long term career with the drive and motivation to move to Director/potential Equity position within the next 5-10 years.
- Strong technical drawing skills and good eye for detail.
- Good IT skills with a familiarly with industry specific software.
SALARY / PACKAGE
- A competitive salary within the range of £40k – £45k + Car allowance/Benefits will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.