Location UK / Northern Ireland
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary See description
Updated 2 days ago
Excellent opportunity for Senior Care Services Coordinator (3 posts) based in Southern Area Team, Eastern Area Team, and Northern Area Team.
Job Title: Senior Care Services Co-Ordinator (3 posts)
Responsible To: Head of Service
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Location: Home Based and HQ when required
Salary: £25, 468 per annum (NJC point 28)
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Northern Ireland Chest Heart and Stroke (NICHS) is the leading service provider of Care Services to people and carers affected by chest, heart and stroke illnesses. Our portfolio of Chest, Heart and Stroke Services will continue to grow and we require a person who will support the delivery of quality services at a local level.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional, with a proven track record in developing services to people affected by long term conditions; you will also have relevant experience of managing teams of people – staff or volunteers.
There are 3 positions available. As a Senior Co-Ordinator you will support your Head of Service to manage a team of motivated Care Services Co-ordinators, and support the development of new services and focus on delivery of our service pathways to people affected by chest, heart and stroke conditions. NICHS services are focused on making an impact, and you will be passionate about making a difference through delivering high quality services.
You will also be responsible for the supervision of a team of Care Services Co-ordinators at a local level, as well as direct service delivery at specific locations. Building local relationships with Health and Social Care Colleagues will be a key responsibility. You will work with your Head of Service to ensure operational delivery of services across your patch, adhering to NICHS Policies and Procedures.
The 3 posts available are located as follows:
1. Senior Co-Ordinator – Southern Area Team (Southern Trust and Southern Sector of Western Trust Area).
2. Senior Co-Ordinator – Eastern Area Team (Belfast and the South Eastern Trust Area)
3. Senior Co-Ordinator – Northern Area Team (Northern Trust and Northern Sector of Western Trust)
1. To support and develop referrals streams into all services in your area;
2. To receive, assess and action referrals against established criteria for your own services and programmes;
3. To deliver activity and support programmes, including NICHS Taking Control Self Management Programme;
4. To liaise with health professionals and others, and play a role within multi-disciplinary teams, to ensure the assessed needs of clients and their carers are met;
5. To establish a strong network base, and refer onto other services as appropriate(both internal and external);
6. To deliver services in the community as per NICHS Service Descriptions and Standard Operating Procedures;
7. To plan and deliver all programme activity sessions in line with NICHS policies and procedures;
8. To encourage an ethos of self-management and empowerment where appropriate, to act as advocate for the client and to ensure that client opinions are sought regularly on the services provided;
9. To provide cover for client groups and services when required.
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website
Completed applications should be returned no later than 12 noon on Monday 22nd October 2018