Business Unit Manager
Vickerstock is currently looking for an experienced Business Unit Manager for our Client who is based in the Lisburn Area. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Unit Manager to support the Lisburn Site.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Ensure health & safety, quality and environmental matters.
- Achieve production requirements and ensure optimum efficiency and quality standards are met.
- Represent the Business Unit at Quality, Environmental, H&S, Business improvement and Customer meetings
- Implement and maintain Lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Schedule production in conjunction with planning team, analyse data and report daily operational performance
- Manage and Coach the Team Leads to meet Unit’s KPIs in Real Time and create/implement / monitor continuous improvement projects.
- Manage manpower effectively and efficiently.
- Establish, manage and develop a Unit team that maximises potential across all shifts
- Build and maintain weekly report based on key metrics of H&S, Quality, People and Performance
- Manages resources based on customer need in real time and take action where required.
- Ensure that consistent working practices and timely training is effective throughout the Production areas which warrant a continued improvement in manufacturing performance, quality and reflected with increased motivation of your team throughout the product flow.
- Create and assist in the design and implementation of a structured Business Improvement Plan to optimise factory performance, meet business / departmental strategy, objectives and needs.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of cross functional and transverse relationships through activity with peers, hierarchical Management and other internal / external stakeholders.
- Undertakes Internal / External Audits, Maintains Inventory / Stock, Plans improvements.
- Undertake appropriate training and projects to resolving complaints and product issues.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following;
- You will ideally possess a Degree / HND / HNC in Engineering or have a minimum of 5 years manufacturing management experience
- Experience of Project Management gained in a Lean manufacturing environment where problem solving / delivery of change initiatives and where your integral communication with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external was apparent to encourage change.
- Excellent motivational, operational and communication skills – written/ Verbal / Computer (Microsoft
- Office, TMS and ERP applications)
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence by sending an updated CV via the link on the page.