The first point of contact for our branch customers, providing a professional, friendly and efficient service, both face to face and on the telephone
Description of business unit
There`s never been a more exciting time to work at Bank of Ireland – we are currently going through an extraordinary period of transformation and growth, adapting to what our customers need from us now in an ever changing digital world. This transformation builds on our long standing tradition of being the trusted bank of choice for many customers. Our focus now is ensuring we address the needs of our customers in today`s digitally focused and time challenged environment.
Our branches, embedded in the local community, are complemented by our online, mobile and phone banking services. Our people are the key to our success both today and in the future. A number of vacancies have arisen in our local branches as members of our team move on to other exciting roles within Bank of Ireland. We want you to join our front line branch banking team!
Purpose of role
As the first point of contact for our branch customers, you will provide a professional, friendly and efficient service, both face to face and on the telephone.
You will support customers by identifying and recommending appropriate product & service options ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do
You will be an advocate for Bank of Ireland both internally and externally within the local community, supporting our purpose to be the leading partnership bank;
- providing simple,flexible,accessible financial services and products to€customers
- enabling our customers, colleagues and communities to thrive
- Take personal accountability for the service being delivered to our customers, focussing on right first time, promoting the convenience of self service options whilst ensuring commitments and promises are delivered upon
- Support business growth by proactively identifying and referring opportunities to relevant experts through the use of appropriate sales tools, techniques and quality conversations
- Engage with the local community, representing the Bank Of Ireland brand and building strong relationships
- Carry out activities accurately and efficiently e.g. cash management / service, in a manner that is fully compliant with Group, Regulatory, Legislative and business unit policies, controls and standards
- Engage with customers and colleagues with high levels of positivity and drive, working flexibly and collaboratively across the branch team
- Demonstrate a desire to achieve results whether it be generating sales / revenue, building your own skills & capability or achieving through continued studies.
- Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 GCSE`s at Grade C or above including English & Maths / equivalent and the ability to produce certificates of these results
- Have recent customer service experience demonstrating a high standard of service in every customer interaction
- Proven ability to engage with customers and identify opportunities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with customers, colleagues and the local community
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining high levels of accuracy, quality of information and timeliness
- Self-motivated with the necessary drive to achieve superior results both business and personal
- A demonstrable interest in technology including your ability be an early adaptor of new technologies on desktop, mobile and tablet platforms
- Customer Orientation
- Achieving Results
- Working Together
- Delivering Quality
- Being Innovative
What we offer:-
- Competitive salary, starting at £17,000 with the potential to progress to £20,750 in line with continuing professional development
- Opportunity for career and professional educational development with funding supported by the Group Education Scheme
- 24 days holidays and bank holidays
- Generous money purchase pension scheme
- Access to a range of staff benefits and discount schemes
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce