Location UK / Newry
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 weeks ago
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for an excellent opportunity with a leading brand that will provide the next step in your professional career for the role of Sales Assistant.
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for an excellent opportunity with a leading brand that will provide the next step in your professional career for the role of Sales Assistant. The Sales Assistant will drive, develop and increase sales within the Store. The Sales Assistant will provide an enhanced customer experience by recognising customer needs, sell products and assist with the completion of company objectives and to maintain a high standard of customer service.
* Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability. Proactive use of the ‘War
Book,’ on a daily basis to ensure development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximise share of wallet.
* Provide a high level of customer service, identify customer needs in order to increase sales, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels and sales targets.
* Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
* Ensure all company policies and procedures relating to security of company monies and stock are strictly adhered to at all times.
* Undertake opening and closing of the store, and provide cover at other stores within the Zone as and when requested to meet business requirements.
* Unload/load and check all incoming and outgoing deliveries against the delivery documentation to ensure accuracy. Report any stock shortages or damaged stock to the Store Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity to ensure accurate stock levels are maintained within the Decorating Centre.
* Input stock delivered onto the Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) system in order to maintain accurate inventory records.
* Accept payments from customers and complete all sales documentation and authorisation procedures correctly to ensure accurate records and adherence to company policy.
* Answer customer queries, either face to face or over the telephone, giving accurate product information and where possible solve problems raised to maintain a high level of customer service whilst increasing sales.
* Undertake, when required, an efficient delivery service, ensuring customer is aware of the latest offers and promotions available to them.
* When using Company delivery vehicle, make sure vehicle is loaded, driven and maintained to a high standard to ensure compliance with current Company requirements. Ensure all daily checks are completed and any documentation relating to journeys and deliveries are completed on time and correctly in order that the company’s administration procedures are maintained.
* Report any accidents or damages to the vehicle at the earliest opportunity to the manager to ensure the correct accident procedures are adhered to in line with Company policy.
* Ensure all deliveries are correctly unloaded, signed for, returned and “cash on delivery” payments are made as directed by Store Operations Manager in order that a high standard of security with regards to all company property and monies be maintained.
* Undertake stock take duties as directed by the Store Operations Manager to ensure accurate levels of stock within the store.
* Ensure store operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
* Undertake any other duties as requested by your Store Operations Manager.
* Customer focussed and direct sales experience.
* Good knowledge of Company products.
* Full clean driving licence and must have held a full valid driving licence for a period exceeding one year. Drivers of vehicles over 3.5T GVW must have the relevant full valid driving licence for a period exceeding four years.
* Good understanding of EPOS and IT systems.
* Good communication skills.
* Experience of customer facing environment or equivalent.
The successful Sales Assistant will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, uniform, contributory pension scheme, healthcare, and staff discount.
The Sales Assistant role will be based in Newry.
If you would like to discuss this Sales Assistant job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.