Excellent opportunity for a Receptionist based in Armagh
Job Reference: R/10/18
Role: Ensure that all guests are received in a manner befitting to the Hotel. To present an environment that will ensure guest satisfaction. To help maximise occupancy and to be part of a team thus enhancing the standards within the hotel.
Location: Armagh City Hotel
- Arrive for duty dressed in the proper uniform and of presentable appearance.
- To take reservations and deal with any booking inquiry in the absence of the Reservations Department
- Be cordial and efficient to customers at all times.
- To have a working knowledge of the front desk system
- To be conversant with all rates and any special promotions.
- To answer all telephones quickly and efficiently.
- To handle all telephone inquiries.
- To have a working knowledge of internal calls.
- To be aware of the days incoming arrivals.
- To print and distribute reports.
- To deal with any no shows.
- To liaise with all departments.
- To follow Hotel policy regarding credit.
- To process ready rooms handed back by the Housekeeping Department.
- To update all reports.
- To be aware of the days outgoing departures.
- To be responsible for floats.
- To be aware of procedures for overages and shortages.
- To bank all moneys.
- To charge and monitor day uses.
- To read hand over book at the beginning of each shift.
- To handle guest complaints and refer to a superior as necessary.
- To ensure all guests receive a friendly, efficient and prompt service.
- To promote special events operating within the hotel.
- To be familiar with the daily function list.
- To offer guests porterage.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by your supervisor.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- To comply with all Safety Rules and Procedures e.g. Health and Safety, Hygiene and Fire.
- Must be computer literate
- Should have good communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous hotel experience
- Previous experience working in a reception environment
This position is available on a full and part-time basis. Applicants should be available to work weekends and midweek on a rotating shift basis. This will include the following shifts: 7am-3pm, 11.30am-7.30pm, 1pm-9pm, 3pm-11pm.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: 22/10/2018