An award-winning main building and construction contractor specialising in the Fit-Out sector to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team. Salary £45-55k & Benefits Package.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor (Fit Out)
Salary Range: £44,000 – £55,000 + Benefits Package (negotiable on experience).
Location: County Armagh, some travel will be required.
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with an award winning main contractor specialising in the Fit-Out sector to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Due to increasing portfolio investment and internal growth, an exciting opportunity has presented itself for a career driven individual to join an already established team.
With high-end multi-million pound projects located throughout UK & NI, the successful candidate will be working on a wide range of projects in high-end luxury residential, hospitality and housing sectors.
Quantity Surveyor (Fit Out) Role:
- Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Cost control during design and construction stages of works.
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager.
- Undertaking audits of interim payments/final accounts.
- Conducting site measurements and preparing estimates for clients.
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines.
- Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Produce breakdowns, and undertake value engineering process to meet Client budgetary requirements.
- Attend Internal and external monthly review meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Attend internal & external hand-over meetings.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
- Manage & maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
Quantity Surveyor (Fit Out) Criteria:
- 3rd level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and be able to demonstrate a high level of experience ideally, 3+ years.
- Relevant Quantity Surveying experience specifically within the construction, fit out and refurbishment industry is beneficial.
- Proven track record working as Quantity Surveyor on high end Fit-Out and/or refurbishment projects in excess of £1m value.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.