Vickerstock are working alongside a leading building and construction contractor based in Belfast to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their award-winning team. Salary £40-50k + Benefits Package.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor (Building)
Salary Range: £40,000 – £50,000 + Benefits Package (negotiable on experience).
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Vickerstock are working alongside a leading building contractor based in Belfast to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their award-winning team.
Thanks to several high profile additions to their growing portfolio and continual internal investment, an opportunity has presented itself for a career driven individual to join an already established team.
With large-scale multi-million pound projects separate throughout UK & NI, the successful candidate will be working on a wide range of projects in commercial, educational, residential, hospitality, health & leisure sectors.
Known for their continual investment in their employees and offering on the job training, tutorials and mentorship this is an ideal role for a Quantity Surveyor to learn from some of the most experienced Senior Quantity Surveyors in the NI Construction industry.
Quantity Surveyor (Building) Role:
- Manage & negotiate subcontract tendering process, including selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manage sub-contractor accounts in accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Negotiate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Monitor cash flow, interim payments and valuation planning, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Cost control during design and construction stages of works.
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager.
- Undertaking audits of interim payments/final accounts.
- Conducting site measurements and preparing estimates for clients.
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines.
- Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Produce breakdowns, and undertake value engineering process to meet Client budgetary requirements.
- Attend Internal and external monthly review meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
- Manage & maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
Quantity Surveyor (Building) Criteria:
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and an ability to demonstrate 2+ years’ experience working within the building and construction, Fit-Out or refurbishment industry is beneficial.
- Proven track record working as Quantity Surveyor on high end building and construction, Fit-Out or refurbishment projects in excess of £1m value.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing, pricing variations producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- CSR Card – Silver level desirable.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in industry management software packages (EG FOUR Projects, ASTA PowerPoint Project planning etc) and Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.