Exciting opportunity for an Quantity Surveyor to gain experience with a leading Consultancy based in County Down.Salary £25-35k + benefits, negotiable on demonstrated experience.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £30-40K (negotiable on experience).
Location: County Down.
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with an award winning Professional Quantity Surveyor Consultancy based in County Down who specialise in the building and construction Public and Private sector, with over 25+ years’ experience.
Specialising in Public & Private Educational, Healthcare, Residential and Commercial sector, the successful candidate will be working on prominent high-value projects throughout NI, ROI & UK with project ranging in between £5-10million.
Thanks to continual investment in their team and an increasing portfolio of projects a sensational opportunity had presented itself to help a career driven individual develop a long lasting career path.
Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Manage and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
- Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Post contact duties to include attendance at internal & external meetings, interim recommendations, cost reporting, dealing with cost variations and final accounts.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Liaise with Design Teams when required.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manager sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
- Internal and external monthly review meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of final accounts with all sub-contractors.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BoQ’s) and Contract Documents.
Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- 3rd level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and be able to demonstrate 2+ years’ experience within consultancy or construction/building industry.
- Quantity Surveying/Management Surveying experience specifically within a consultancy or construction/building industry is beneficial.
- Proven experience with liaising with Design Team and Clients.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in QS measurement packages (Buildsoft, CostX etc…), Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then call Melody Humprhreys or Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.