Excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer based in Coalisland
Job Description Title: Quality Engineer
Department: Quality Department
Reports to: Quality Manager
The priority for the Quality team is the creation of value and competitive advantage by reducing total cost and improving supply chain and internal performance. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring Quality product is brought into the site and processes followed to ensure Quality products leave the site. The Quality Engineer will also be responsible for the Return of defective goods (internal and warranty) to the supply chain and the follow up regarding replacement/credit note and Corrective actions. This position works under both general and specific direction and reports to the Quality Manager.
- To assist with the Quality function with approved suppliers, including the traditional Quality Assurance activities such as parts and process inspection and approval.
- Ensure incoming goods Quality inspection processes are carried out.
- Assist with audits of supplier’s when required to ensure Robust Corrective Actions are implemented
- Facilitate regular communication between MIL and suppliers to resolve supplier Quality related issues as required, ensuring appropriate corrective action plans are documented from suppliers to address discrepant materials when they occur.
- Ensure key performance Indicators are met both internally and externally.
- Ensure Supplier Improvement Process is continued on underperforming suppliers, including root cause analysis, corrective action planning and containment.
- Providing technical guidance on Quality related matters to others through the organization.
- Responsible for the Return of defective goods (internal and warranty) to the supply chain and the follow up regarding replacement/credit note and Corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Monitor the performance of the Internal Quality gate process. Record and measure KPI’s.
- Provide coaching/conduct Kaizan events to enhance improvements.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Reports any real or potential safety/health hazard to Supervisor.
- Actively participates in orientation and training programs.
- Conduct daily inspections of immediate work area, maintaining a safe and well-organized area for the department and all Technicians.
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to Supervisor.
- Observes all legislated H&S regulations as well as established workplace safety procedures.
- Cooperates with the Joint Health & Safety Committee in any Safety Program Review.
- Complete any special projects as required. May be assigned to other areas of Operations, based on business or customer requirements.
- Works in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies and those specifically required by various clients.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 5 years experience gained in a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience of using value added Quality principles and facilitating improvement throughout the quality assurance process, by utilizing practical problem-solving techniques such as 8D, Cause & Effect analysis, etc.
- Experience in maintaining quality systems including ISO standards.
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Preferred Criteria
- Technical or Engineering degree level educational qualification is preferred.
- Ability to work on their own
- Must have a can-do attitude, always there to assist when and where required
- Knowledge of product and customer expectations and quality standards.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
Knowledge in 2 or more of the following:
- Casting process
- Machining process
- Assembly process
- Metal forming
Attention to detail will be required in this role, with strong quality orientation and a methodical approach to work. Success will be determined through a highly motivated, self-starter capable of working and delivering results on own initiative.
Candidates will demonstrate a professional approach with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
If you wish to be considered for this challenging position and wish to be a part of a dynamic and international organization then please send your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for the post by clicking the apply now button below