Purchasing Administrator required on a permanent basis within a NI leading organisation based in Belfast.
Purchasing Administrator (Belfast based)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a leading NI organisation for a Purchasing Administrator based in their Belfast office on a permanent basis. The Purchasing Administrator will effectively contribute to all aspects of purchasing including purchase order processing, liaising with suppliers, and the maintenance of supplier and product information.
- Purchase Order Processing
- Timely set-up of product codes within SAGE to allow Sales Orders and Purchase Orders to be processed in an efficient manner and in accordance with Group procedures;
- Managing the timely and efficient processing of purchase orders through SAGE ensuring that the business adheres to routine order deadlines with suppliers;
- Timely review of ‘order confirmations’ received from suppliers, addressing all cost and quantity issues that arise efficiently to avoid delays to product arrival;
- Effective management of requisition process to control purchases processed through non-purchase order route to support ad-hoc or on-site/project requirements
- Supplier relationships
- Regular monitoring of leading suppliers for all Group divisions, contributing to the routine reporting u0pon key performance indicators, and providing recommendations for improvement
- Maintaining Supplier & Product Information
- Maintenance of product records within SAGE ensuring that prices reflect supplier price lists and changes to the basis of standard costing;
- Maintenance of supplier records within SAGE to ensure that the purchasing process runs efficiently and effectively across the multi site business;
- Extensive use of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office Programs of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and the routine use of the business ERP SAGE system
The Ideal Person:
- Qualifications – A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), Grade C or above
- Evident experience in an administration role. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a similar purchasing role
- Strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel). Preference will be given to those with experience of SAGE
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Confidence to use initiative and demonstrate problem solving capability
- Present excellent customer care with a professional attitude
£16000 – £18000
For further information on this role or any other, please contact Laura McFarlane in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page.