Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
Project Data Analyst
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organisation. Combining strong operational support units that partner with IT to implement state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organisation works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
The team is responsible for execution of Know Your Customer processes for Markets business in accordance with Citi compliance policies. New clients of the bank are subject to review and collection of documentary evidence pre trade. Existing clients of the bank are subject to KYC periodic review in accordance with the firms Refresh program and regulatory obligations. KYC Operations ensures that all statutory and regulatory obligations are met across its Client On-boarding and KYC Refresh programs in accordance with the firms AML policy.
The Project team is responsible for the development and maintenance of KYC population management, development and execution of test plans and developing systematic controls.
Role / Position Overview:
Project Data Analyst will be working to support the project team through working with large datasets and high volumes of data, across multiple systems to retrieve data and produce reporting.
Presenting results of analysis in a concise and considered manner to senior management.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate critical thinking along with strong analytical skills. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access and SQL are a must.
• Understand and be able to manipulate large quantities of reference data
• Present results of analysis in a concise and considered manner to senior management.
• Meet with decision-makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, systems, and operational requirements.
• Ensure that all stakeholders are involved in analysis and definition phases and that all tasks that require a technical a solution are identified in the project plans submitted for approval.
• Develop and review Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) for larger projects and Minor Development Documents (MDDs) for smaller engagements
• Manage changes to baseline requirements through a change control process
• Create test scripts including specific test cases and expected results
• Develop and execute test plans that will ensure business requirements have been met
• Balance the needs and foster a relationship between the business and the technology areas
• Work with users and the development team to propose and develop technical solutions to business challenges
• Create flow diagrams, structure charts, and other types of system or process representations
• Work with business uses on project to analyze and remediate gaps in existing data
• Ensure deliverables are being met on a timely basis
The successful candidate will have an excellent career growth and personal development opportunity, leading teams within a dynamic environment. Increasing regulatory requirements in the KYC/AML space as well as potential functional growth will provide the candidate with a strong opportunity to develop career at Citi. The candidate will also gain exposure to operating in a global fast paced investment bank where in-house technology support is directly available to influence the design and improve efficiency of the onboarding process.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access and SQL are a must
• Experience in analysis, design and implementation of projects or related finance or operational experience within the financial services industry
• Technically proficient in Microsoft Office products (specifically MS Excel and Access), MS Project and Visio.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of the project
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
• Ability to quickly grasp operational processes and business practices of key user groups
• Manage tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
• Ability to learn/understand some technical implications of system design
• Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
• Understanding of Account Reference data and/or Finance systems would be helpful
• Good communication skills – this will be a role with a high level of senior business and client interaction
• Planning and Organisation – ability to manage large workloads and balance multiple priorities
• Interpersonal skills and Relationship building
• Flexible attitude to role specifics, must be willing to adapt to needs of business, often at short notice
• Proactive approach to process improvement, actively seeks opportunities for change that benefit the wider team
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select Benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer