Production Team Lead, Immediate start, Innovative business, £26k OTE
Production Team Lead (Food Production)
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with a market leading Food Manufacturing client based in Downpatrick, County Down with the recruitment of experienced Production Team Lead’s. Due to continued expansion, as Production Team Lead you will become an integral part of the Production Team for this innovative and exciting business.
Your new role:
The successful Production Team Lead will ensure that manufacturing processes run smoothly, meeting business targets within company budgets so that Operations deliver products on time, in full, to the required quality.
Your duties and responsibilities
As Production Team Lead you will be responsible for the following duties within the role:
- Responsible for the overall management of allocated production area.
- Monitoring production in the area adhering to all Quality, H&S & GMP guidelines set out by the company.
- Drive efficiencies & hit performance targets.
- Ensuring that all products are produced on time, in full, are of exceptional quality & cost effective.
- Completing all production paperwork in full & in real time without mistakes.
- Motivating & coach your own team to achieve business results.
- Supporting the Floor Manager in projects or duties within reason & capability associated within this Supervisory role.
- Reviewing performance & identifying training needs for your team.
- Ensure that products are packed labelled and boxes according to product specifications.
- Ensure correct operation of Metal Detectors, check weightier and Olympus system.
- Continually monitor and review product quality in real time in compliance with quality contracts and specs.
- Ensure the workplace is kept tidy and operate in a clean as you go environment
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for food safety and health and safety within areas of work.
- Ensure Quality Manger is made aware of any food safety and quality related incidents where this has not be properly addressed by a QA Supervisor.
What you will need to succeed
The successful Production Team Lead must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Supervisory experience gained within a FMCG environment
- Proven experience of implementing efficiency improvements
- Strong organisational, planning and time management abilities
- Ensuring quality and safety policies are adhered to
- Excellent understanding of the technical and quality aspects of food production
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Qualification (or equivalent)
- Health and Safety / First Aid related qualification
What we have to offer:
- Salary: circa £26K (incl. performance related bonus)
- Hours: Days or Night shifts available incl. weekends
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss this or other Food Production opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.