Production Manager - Construction Related - Co Armagh - Excellent salary + bonus + free onsite parking
Our client, based in Co Armagh, is a very successful family business and is a specialist manufacturer in the construction related sector with customers throughout Ireland, Europe and America. As part of their continued growth they now wish to appoint an experienced:
Reporting to the Managing Director and a key member of the Senior Management Team, main responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage and motivate the manufacturing team of 35 on a day-to-day basis including the coordination and planning of manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that all contracts are manufactured correctly, cost effectively, and delivered on time in accordance with customer build specifications and quality requirements
- Ensure the factory achieves all operational targets including; safety, quality, product output and efficiencies
- Implement and drive health and safety policies across the company
- Work closely with all departments particularly transport to provide an excellent customer service.
- 3-5 years’ experience gained in a supervisory / management role within manufacturing
- Excellent people management skills
- Exceptional people skills and the ability to gain respect with others quickly
- Proven leadership in an operations manufacturing management role with a focus on operations excellence and product quality
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing techniques and have applied these successfully in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in a fast paced production environment with a demonstrable track record of delivering the requirements of a high profile customer base
- Interpersonal and intellectual capability to work in an entrepreneurial and high performing management team and structure
- Experience of implementing and driving health and safety across the company
- Experience of joinery or welding would be highly advantageous.