Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £75000 - 85000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Exciting opportunity to join a cutting edge company providing innovative technology solutions to the Healthcare Market.
Fantastic Opportunity for a Principal Developer to apply existing skills and develop new skills in a technically diverse sector. In the role of Principal Developer, you will have the opportunity to drive key projects and witness powerful market impact from your efforts.
My client is a vibrant and creative company with a goal to bring highly innovative technology solutions to the healthcare market. Their products leverage a range of software technologies and the successful candidate will be a self-starter capable of thinking creatively.
* Architect robust, secure and scalable platform components that deliver powerful application services to their applications development team, facilitating the development of some of the most innovative and rewarding healthcare applications on the market.
* Identify and respond to security challenges in an increasingly hostile data environment. Lead with a security-first mindset.
* Work closely within project teams to deliver solutions to key clients across the globe, on budget and on time.
* Architect and develop instrumentation technologies to monitor platform performance and optimise vital platform functions.
* Lead their product integration team as they develop new integration methodologies and deploy the platform into increasingly diverse client infrastructures.
* Define and execute on their product vision, taking the Services Platform and elevating it to the next level of capability, shaping their core product into a world-leading healthcare data sharing solution.
* Work closely with their product team to define requirements and drive new innovations through to product, bringing real benefits to their end-users.
The Ideal Person
* Third level Computer Science or Software Engineering qualification
* 5+ years commercial experience of software development
* Excellent OOP experience in Java (preferred) or C++
* Sound understanding of best software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, security)
* Experience of relational database technologies and associated tools (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
* Excellent experience of deployments on .NET or J2EE platforms
* Design and development of RESTful services
* Exposure to Android and iOS application development
* Comfortable developing software for deployment in Windows, Linux and Cloud environments
* Knowledge of traditional and Agile methodologies
* Java Developer Certification / Microsoft Developer Certification
* Experience of CTDD and XP
* Project management qualifications
* Knowledgeable of secure programming practices
* Experience of working in integration and data management projects
* Proven capabilities in Android or iOS application development
* Experience with Azure or AWS Cloud Infrastructures
* Experience in a customer facing role or experience of dealing with clients
* Information Security Certification (e.g. CISSP / GIAC)
* Proven experience with Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker)
* Highly motivated and adaptable
* Ability to work within a team
* Ability to provide training and guidance to junior employees
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Good presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
Leading Salary ahead of market rate which is negotiable depending on Experience. In addition to a highly competitive salary my client offer the following:
* An environment in which to succeed
* Access to the senior management team
* Accelerated career progression/ training and development plan
* Company pension plan
* Company bonus scheme
* Increasing holiday entitlement
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250