Location UK / Fermanagh
Job Type Permanent, Temporary part-time, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary See description
Updated 1 day ago
Primary aim is to build confidence, motivation and skills to help unemployed young people return to education or move into employment.
Location: Post 1 : Omagh CampusPost 2: Enniskillen Campus
However the post holder will be required to be available for work at any of the College sites if required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1 . To assist the Team Leader to deliver the required number of Teams, ensuring delivery complies with the structured 12-week stages and processes outlined in the Team Toolkit, the team minimum quality standards, all assessment criteria and any additional contractual obligations;
2. Support the recruitment of a range of young people across target groups to achieve appropriate team mix. Ensure appropriate young people are referred to the team within agreed timeframes;
3. Work with the Team Leader to progress young people through the programme in line with local budgets, achieving a range of KPI targets including the number of young people recruited, their retention on the programme and the qualifications and positive outcomes achieved;
4. Assist in gathering information for the End of Team Reports after each programme and ensure actions to improve the quality of the programme are followed up and completed in good time;
5. Support the implementation of multiple external funding contracts or initiatives (local and national) to ensure requirements and outputs are achieved as advised by the Delivery Partner Manager or the Princes Trust Programme Executive; Page 2 of 4
6. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, paper and electronic, as required by the College or external funding contracts and in line with the College data protection policy;
7. Compliance with the Delivery Partners and the Princes Trust policies for working with young people, Recruiting Safely, Safeguarding and Health and Safety and any other operational procedures for direct delivery;
8. Implement action plans to address issues identified in the Team Review, Annual Quality Review and other Quality Assurance as outlined in the Toolkit;
9. Attend all necessary internal / external training courses and management steering group meetings as required including Princes Trust initial Team Leader Training course, Risk Management and, if not already held, Food Hygiene and First Aid at Work;
10. Carry out other Team-related duties as may reasonably be required by the delivery partner or the Trust, including deputising as appropriate ion activities relevant to area of responsibility;
11. To provide general admin support within the assigned campus during periods when the Princes Trust Programme is in recruitment phase.
Duties may change as the posts develop, therefore the person appointed will be expected to be flexible in relation to duties performed subject to consultation.
1. To promote and raise the profile of the College and the services it provides to the business and civic community.
2. To ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements and legislation in accordance with College policies and procedures.
3. To comply with and actively promote College policies and procedures on all aspects of equality.
4. To contribute to College quality assurance systems.
5. At all times to observe all internal College policies and procedures.
6. This job description is not prescriptive and the post holder may be expected to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade as may be assigned by the director or his nominated officer(s).
Page 3 of 4
Terms and Conditions of Service
All terms and conditions of employment for this post are those as laid down by the Association of NI Colleges non teaching negotiating committee and are drawn from the conditions of service of the NJC for local authorities staff.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Salary Scale: Band 3 Points 14 – 17 (£8.94-9.47 per hour) starting on point 14.
This post is regarded as a regulated position under the protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults (NI) Order 2003.
South West College is an equal opportunity employer.
NB : Interviews are planned for Friday 26 October 2018