An exciting opportunity to join a Successful Financial Services company in Belfast.
6 month FTC but can be converted into permanent
Salary: 20- 30k per annum
Reports to Data Processing Team Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Payment Operations Assistant Manager to join the firm. Part of a global team you will be responsible for supporting all back office functions in relation to international payments processing including settlements, confirmations, reconciliations and investigations. You will also be required to manage the workflow of the team.
This role will aim to assist the Payment Manager to oversee the daily running of the department and to lead, motivate and develop the team of payment settlement and static data processors.
To provide a high quality service to the Client Services Teams, ensuring all payment instructions received from them are settled accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure all outgoing Payment transactions via swift and also failing straight through processing are authorised accurately, within deadlines, and on a daily basis, assist with the instruction reconciliations process
- Oversee performance and validation of all static data tasks aligned with the opening, closing and day to day account maintenance
- Provide subject matter knowledge and expertise, or identify the appropriate team resource to do so, in order to ensure timely settlement of all money movements on third party banking sytems
- Build and maintain relationships with third party banks and with internal clients ensuring the service provided is of a high standard, making recommendations to improve services on an ongoing basis
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of all banking systems and other settlement processes including swift to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds is maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensure all payment instructions and static data change instructions are processed in line with agreed deadlines.
- Ensuring team has knowledge of all third party banking systems including a sound understanding of different client payment processes all of which is documented.
- Minimise risk to Augentius by following procedures and checklists
- Be proactive in identifying development and training requirements
- Meet all internal and external deadlines though effective planning and workflow management
Tasks / Duties
- Ensure that in the team, all queries are appropriately responded to, and all emails received into the team’s mailbox are actioned, to the standard expected, in the timescale outlined
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with CS Teams re: progress of tasks and share information with DPT colleagues
- Support a process whereby the CS Team have oversight of the task the DPT team are completing, including status
- Support the identification of areas for improvement re: DPT processes and offer solutions – drive forward key automation & standardisation projects such as SWIFT initiatives.
- Providing support and training to the rest of the team, and other teams as required
Specification & Requirements
It is essential that you have a customer service focussed background and that you have a good understanding of banking in general. To be successful in the role you must be a self-motivated individual with good attention to detail, commercial awareness with good judgement and decision-making skills
- Min 3 years’ experience in a similar role ( ideally in a fund admin or banking role) responsible for the processing of high volume and high value payment settlements on banking systems and via swift
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills – Proven workflow management skills for Team
- Min 3 year Team Management experience
- Good academic track record
- Comfortable communicating with individuals in a professional manner
- Strong ownership of tasks and compliance to procedures and processes
- Can do attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong team ethic
- Ability to manage and drive change