Excellent opportunity for a Marketing Campaigns Officer based in Belfast
There has never been a more exciting time to work in the Northern Ireland tourism industry as our status as a “must see” destination grows throughout the world.
Tourism is an important driver of the local economy in Northern Ireland. More than 61,300 people are employed in the local tourism and leisure industries and the sector generates over £600 million in revenue each year for the local economy.
In today’s economic climate, the following post will be critical to our success…
MARKETING CAMPAIGNS OFFICER SO – UP TO 2 YEARS
The Department works to co-ordinate and deliver fully integrated marketing campaigns and promotional activity promoting Northern Ireland tourism to the domestic and Republic of Ireland markets. The overall purpose of this position is to develop, deliver and evaluate innovative marketing campaigns that meet the strategic needs of the wider Northern Ireland tourism industry. The Job Holder may be required to deliver multiple campaigns and activity throughout the year. The Job Holder will also be required to support partners in the development of international campaigns for Northern Ireland.
The Job Holder will be responsible for the following areas and activities:
- Manage the day-to-day liaison with Tourism NI’s advertising agency/ies.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Marketing in managing the contract between Tourism NI (TNI) and agency partners and ensure appropriate contract monitoring mechanisms are in place.
- Manage MOUs, Partnership Agreements and Contracts within the Unit as and when necessary.
- In partnership with the Experience Development Team, the Digital Team, and the rest of the Marketing Division, devise innovative advertising and digital advertising campaigns that will ensure the delivery of the targets established in the Tourism Northern Ireland Operating Plan.
- Manage and deliver creative solutions, working in partnership with appointed agencies.
- Work with the Republic of Ireland (ROI) Office to ensure consumer marketing and PR opportunities are maximised and all campaigns are fully integrated with a comprehensive PR strategy.
- Evaluate all media recommendations and promotional opportunities.
- Act as guardian for the Northern Ireland tourism brand in ensuring that the brand is clearly represented in all Tourism Northern Ireland marketing communications.
- Ensure consumer research is integrated into all activity and a consistent segmented evidence-based approach is applied.
- Devise campaign agency briefings, presentation, feedback, approval and monitoring templates in agreement with the Destination Marketing Manager.
- Work with the Destination Marketing Manager to plan, deliver and evaluate promotions.
- Work with the Research & Evaluation Team to ensure a year round programme of monitoring and evaluation is implemented and delivered to meet the reporting needs of Tourism Northern Ireland.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of and buy-in for Tourism Northern Ireland campaigns and co-ordinating project teams for campaigns.
- Provide regular campaign updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare Economic Appraisals and Post Project Evaluations for individual projects.
- Assist in the delivery of the Destination Marketing Unit Plan and administer the budget line(s) for this post thus ensuring Value for Money (VFM) and in line with Tourism NI Financial Procedures.
- Provide regular campaign budget reports to the Destination Marketing Manager.Provide campaign budget departmental returns.
- Support the Unit Manager in recruiting, managing, motivating and developing the team to ensure that key activities are undertaken professionally in an efficient and effective manner.
- Support the Unit Manager to ensure that Unit activities are managed in line with TNI policies and procedures and values.
- Provide Line Management responsibilities for staff within the Destination Marketing Team including motivation, coaching and learning and development.
Managing Partnerships & Stakeholder Engagement
- Assist with the development and implementation of a programme of stakeholder engagement to raise awareness of TNI’s campaign activity, creating opportunities for collaborative working.
- Assist with the co-ordination of TNI’s campaign activity with key partners.
- Assist with the development of sponsorship/partner/promotional opportunities with external stakeholders to increase distribution channels for the Northern Ireland product.
- Assist with the management of two way communication, relationship building and knowledge sharing in relation to all the TNI’s Campaigns.
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Unit Operating Plan, the achievement of targets and promote corporate values and behaviours within the Team and across the organisation.
- Provide briefing material and draft responses and reports/emails as and when required by TNI Senior Management Team/Staff, the Department, the NI Assembly and members of the tourism industry/public within the specified timelines,
- Provide cover for Management within your Division to include decision making and attending meetings in their absence.
- Attend training as and when required and keep abreast of current developments in your area of work.
- Maintain, store and dispose of Unit records in accordance with TNI policy including the use of the EDRM (Electronic Document Record Management) system.
- Any other relevant duties required by Tourism NI management.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
i.3rd level qualification in marketing, digital marketing communications, business or communications related field.
ii.A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience of managing resources including staff, marketing campaigns and a marketing budget to ensure delivery of business objectives.
iii.A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in or with an advertising agency to deliver on marketing objectives.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
The Job Holder will also possess a high standard of:
i.Excellent communication/creative writing skills (oral and written) including experience of using both traditional and digital media to drive conversion into sales from leading on the planning and delivery of a fully integrated campaign.
ii.Sound negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills to include partnering with others to meet business/campaign objectives.
iii.Sound organisational and planning skills including the ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise tasks and experience of consumer marketing to support a portfolio of products across a number of markets.
iv.Excellent IT/Computer Literacy skills including the ability to interrogate consumer research and data analytics and incorporate learnings into campaign development to yield continuous improvement in marketing activity.
v.The ability to work within a Team environment, on own initiative and take the lead where necessary.
i.CIM post graduate diploma/Chartered Marketer status.
ii.IDM professional diploma in digital marketing or equivalent digital marketing diploma.
Please click here to view full Candidate Briefing Notes
Please click here to view full Job Description
FOR FULL APPLICATION PACK PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY NOW BUTTON BELOW
Those wishing to apply should submit a completed application form to the Human Resources Department no later than 12 Noon on Friday 19th October 2018.
CV’s will not be accepted as a substitute/supplement to the application form.
Selection interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed at Tourism NI Head Office, Belfast.
TOURISM NI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER