Vickerstock is currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our Client who is based in the Omagh Area. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to support the Omagh site.
Salary: £25 – 32k
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Planning and performing effective Inspection activities within the business, in both fabrication and high end assembly.
- Assist in the development of Quality test plans and processes.
- Document and develop manufacturing processes and procedures to support best practices across our product range.
- Drive Continuous Improvement activities throughout the value chain (including the supply chain) using appropriate Lean Manufacturing and Quality tools.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team (i.e. heavy involvement with all facets of the business – Purchasing, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Sales etc.)
- Active Member of the ISO 9001 team, including development of internal manufacturing and quality procedures as required.
- Work with our Aftersales team to implement appropriate Corrective Action Plans for any field issues.
- Responsible for providing full cost analysis (i.e. BOM, customised options, manufacturing hours etc.) of all new and existing machines within the business
- Provide forecast Cost analysis/ target pricing through utilisation of pre-defined costing templates
- Strong ability to drive value-added i.e. areas of cost savings, labour efficiencies etc.
- Self-motivator with high energy
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication + presentation skills – lead review meetings/ liaise with Senior Management/ work with Suppliers
The Manufacturing Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following;
- 3rd level qualification, in engineering or related discipline, with an eye for numerical detail and accuracy is essential
- 3 years minimum experience of working within the Material Handling sector
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continual Improvement techniques, including proven track record of implementation of change within a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills, and ability to lead a cross functional team for driving improvements.
- Excellent computer skills are required; in particular Microsoft Excel and ERP systems, and knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks) will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical background, and ability to work in an ever-changing and dynamic manufacturing environment