Excellent opportunity for Managing Director based in Dromore
Due to expansion in our product range, employee base and revenues, the Board of Thompson Leisure Ltd has created a new full-time role for a Managing Director who will lead our business through its next phase of growth and beyond.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the direction of Thompson Leisure’s business strategy and operations and will regularly report to the Board Chair on our company financials and the achievement of our targets and objectives.
- In this new and challenging role the Managing Director will lead on scaling the business operations and sales of our local, high-end leisure business from our base in Dromore, including:
- Production of regular management accounts and full responsibility for the company’s profit and loss, budgets and performance against profit targets
- Development of appropriate market strategies to advance company goals as set in agreement with the Board and in alignment with market trends and commercial opportunities
- Overall responsibility for the performance and management of a growing cross-functional team which currently includes sales, after sales, finance, marketing, technical and valet employees at all levels
- Implementation and ongoing review of company policies and procedures to ensure that legal guidelines are met and adhered to at all levels
- Oversight of operations and growth at headquarters site, providing sound leadership, direction, vision and inspiration
Essential criteria includes:
- An accountancy qualification and senior experience managing budgets, creating management accounts and overseeing departmental or company finances
- At least 5 years’ experience as part of a senior leadership team with extensive experience in team leadership and people management
- Strategic leadership experience having contributed significantly to shaping and executing a strategic plan that delivered optimal operational performance and customer excellence
- An interest in and passion for the vehicle industry
- Please get in touch if you require a copy of the job and person specification in another format.
- Commercially minded people person with the ability to communicate with and engage customers and business partners
Thompson Leisure is a unique lifestyle business that can offer the following benefits for this role:
- Competitive salary + performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Company phone and laptop
- Discounted gym membership
- 30 days holiday per year, rising with years of service
- Occasional use of motorhomes / campervans for personal trips
The salary and conditions for this post are negotiable dependent upon experience.
To apply, submit an up-to-date copy of your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the post clicking on the APPLY NOW button below before 5pm on Wednesday 24 October 2018.
Please refer to the full job and person specification document when composing your cover letter.