Seeking an experienced maintenance technician - evening shift role
Salary: £22-24k (plus 6% SP)
Grafton are working in partnership with a client that is a market leader in there industry helping with the recruitment of a Maintenance Technician
- Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all company process machinery and equipment. Regularly revise and updates schedule as required.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
- Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- Set up & make modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
- Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g. calibration of measuring equipment.
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant Mechatrician experience (inclusive of apprenticeship training).
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Technician, carrying out machinery repairs, fault finding and problem solving within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working on pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements/precautions.
Contact Glenda at CMB for more info