Location UK / Bangor Area
Salary See description
Updated 5 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Lecturer in Music based in the Bangor Campus
Lecturer in Music
Date of JD: October 2018
Salary (£) : £22,609 – £32,778 per annum (plus £2,612 Threshold and £1,358 Deane Payment if applicable)
School / Section: Performing and Creative Arts
Reports to: Head of School: Performing and Creative Arts
Location: Bangor Campus, but will be required to be available for work at any of the College sites as required.
Total hours of work : (1 FTE). The annual hours are 1440 of which up to 828 for student contact time and the remainder for associated duties. However, the post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach (including evening work) and to devote such time as may be required by the exigencies of the service.
To deliver practical and theoretical modules of learning up to Level 5
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lecture on and contribute to the development of BTEC National Diploma / First Diploma/HND Music programmes.
2. Develop business links with the music community.
3. Fulfil the role of class tutor with administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
3. Develop ILT resources appropriate for teaching and learning in the subject area and promote the use of library and resource centres.
4 Review and evaluate quality of provision in line with IQ:RS and awarding body requirements.
5. Participate in staff training and development activities to update and enhance own knowledge, skills and professional competence needed to carry out the role effectively.
6. Contribute to and participate in marketing, recruitment, induction and other appropriate events.
7. Co-ordinate programmes of study.
8 Participate in subject and school team meetings.
9. Contribute to the co-ordination and organisation of educational visits and work-based learning.
10. Organise, participate in and supervise students during residential events.
11 . Contribute to the development of new full-time and part-time Music related courses throughout the School to meet the needs of the workforce and other relevant stakeholders.
12 . Complete as required all administrative tasks associated with the post.
13. Any other duties as required by the Head of School.
The post holder will be required to undertake any other tasks by agreement with the Head of School and may be required to carry out teaching and non-teaching duties on all of the College campuses.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date 26th 2018