Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Fixed term contract, Permanent, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary See description
Updated 2 days ago
Excellent opportunity for Learning Resources Centre Assistant based in Lisburn Campus.
Post: Learning Resource Centre Assistant
(Fixed Term Contract up to 28th June 2019)
Salary (£): Band 3 SCP 14-17 £16,781- £17,772 per annum pro rata
Directorate: Learning and Customer Support
Unit: Learning Resources Services
Reports to: Learning Resource Centre Supervisor
Location: The appointee will be based at the Lisburn Campus but will be required to be available for work at any of the College library sites as required.
Total hours of work: 6 hours per week. However, the post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach (including evening work) and to devote such time as may be required by the exigencies of the service.
Work pattern: Friday 8.45am – 3.30pm. Hours may vary to suit the requirements of the post from time to time.
Assist with the efficient running of the Learning Resource Centres under the direct supervision of the Learning Resource Centre Supervisor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide help and advice to staff and students in locating, selecting and using resources and facilities
2. Delivery of inductions, drop-in-sessions and information skills programmes for staff and learners, demonstrating E-resources and the Digital Library.
3. Advise, guide and support students and staff using the centre
4. Maintain and operate user/catalogue records, on the Learning Resource Centre management system
5. Operate the Group booking system for Group Study Room
6. Assist with the annual Learning Resource Centre stock-taking when required
7. Carry out procedures associated with user requests, overdue notices, ordering stock and resources for the Unit on the Learning Resource Management System and College Finance Systems
8. Assist with recording and reviewing statistical information for monitoring purposes to help meet Unit and College targets
9. Record stationery sales, handle cash and lodgements
10. Attend training and staff development in compliance with Staff Development Policy
11. Assist with the maintenance of an orderly, safe and welcoming environment for students and staff in accordance with the College Health and Safety Policy
12. Any other duties relevant to the grade as may be reasonably required by the Learning Resources Services Manager or his/her designated deputy from time to time
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date: 26th October 2018