Location UK / Tyrone
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £30000 - 40000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Grafton Built Environment are working with a thriving construction contractor based in County Tyrone who are looking to recruit an Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis.
Grafton Built Environment are working with a thriving construction contractor based in County Tyrone who are looking to recruit an Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis due to increased project wins. The role will be predominantly based in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, with 1-2 days travel per week to projects in Dublin.
With a full order book for the next few years, our client are going from strength to strength, delivering projects across all areas of high-end commercial build, to large residential and educational developments across Northern and Southern Ireland.
As Intermediate Quantity Surveyor, the successful applicant will provide a service as part of a team, including completion of a range of functions associated with the role. To contribute to the targets of the company through agreeing costs monitoring expenditure, generating accurate valuations and negotiating on behalf of the company.
– Preparation and Management of Budget
– Site Management
– Commercial Control of Sub contractor packages
– Value and agree valuations/ variations
– Liaise with purchasing/ buying department for materials
– Identify any issues of concern on site and report as appropriate
– Timely preparation of final accounts as required.
– Provide support to the Contracts and Estimating departments as necessary
– Support in the management of Contracts
– Assist in bid, PQQ and tender preparation
– Report on jobs financial performance
What you need:
– Degree in Quantity Surveying or a relevant third level qualification
– Strong knowledge and industry experience within building and construction
– Proven experience and ability of dealing with sub-contractors, third parties, key stakeholders and the wider design team.
– Experience in assisting management of commercial and/ or residential projects
– Experience in measurement
– Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a reputable and successful contractor who is passionate about developing their staff.
How to apply:
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.