Exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join an award-winning specialist contractor. Salary expectation EUR40-50k + Benefits package.
Job title: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: €40,000 – €50,000
HQ Location: County Tyrone/Fermanagh/Armagh
Project Location: NI & UK
Vickerstock are working alongside a specialise contractor in the Fit-Out sector, to recruit a Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Significant portfolio growth and internal investment, offers an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate QS to gain first-hand experience working on large custom-built projects in the Commercial, Residential, Educational, Retail and Health & Leisure projects.
Mainly located in the contractors Headquarters, the successful candidate will be exposed to multi-million pound projects throughout NI & UK and work with some of the most prestigious Clients in the UK.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Intermediate Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the preparation and management of the projects budgets.
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Assist with manage and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
- Assist with monitoring cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Assist with sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Cost control during design and construction stages of works.
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Provide contractual advice to the Project Manager.
- Undertake audits of interim payments/final accounts.
- Conducting site measurements and preparing estimates for clients.
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines.
- Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
- Experience using an Integrated Management System to project completion.
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- 3rd level Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- 3+ years Quantity surveying experience within the construction, fit out, or facade industry is beneficial.
- Proven track record working as QS on high end construction projects in excess of £2million.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn or Melody Humphreys for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.