HSEQ role with a Main Contractor in Co Derry
Our client are prominent in both the Housing and Commercial sectors throughout NI & GB and have had significant recent success in securing new contracts. Accordingly they wish to recruit a HSEQ Manager to provide support to their Site Management. Equal importance will be given to both the H&S and Quality aspects of this role. This is a Permanent role but there is the possibility of this role being Part Time.
The main duties will include;
- Carry out periodic audits to identify areas for improvement on our sites and report the findings to management.
- Provide support on the drawing up and implementation of Safe Systems of Work and Safety Plans.
- Support in the management of subcontractor HSEQ documentation issues.
- Development and review of Health & Safety plans.
- Review and advise on risk assessments and method statements.
- To provide legislative advice and ensure compliance on Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Assist in the provision of HSEQ training and in assessing training needs.
- Compile Health and Safety reports and present at internal meetings.
- Provide internal audits of our externally accredited HSEQ systems.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Building / civil engineering site background.
- A formal qualification in Health & Safety, e.g. NEBOSH
- Have a working knowledge of all relevant regulations and associated legislation.
- Be a good communicator at all levels and be proficient in all Microsoft packages.
- Capable of working on own initiative and have good time/resource management skills.
- Current driving licence needed – company vehicle provided
- Degree in a Construction / Engineering / Architectural / Technical disciplines or 4 years relevant construction experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a drive and passion of continual improvement of all our systems.
- Ideally have previous experience working for a main contractor in both civil and building and having experience / knowledge of a wide variety of construction techniques.
- Be prepared to travel and work on sites.
- NEBOSH environmental qualification.
- Experience in delivering H&S / Quality related courses
For further information on this fantastic vacancy , please contact Kevin Mullan in strictest confidence on 028 777 67463.