HSE Manager, Leading Employer, Maternity Cover
HSE Manager (Maternity Cover) | Omagh
Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading Food Manufacturing client based in Omagh with the recruitment of an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager (Maternity Cover).
Your new role:
The successful HSE Manager will be the primary lead and coordinator for Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) activities processes.
Your duties and responsibilities
The HSE Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports Factory Management teams as the primary lead and coordinator for Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) activities processes on the designated site, advising management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards.
- Works in conjunction with site management and regional HSE leads to drive the HSE agenda incorporating training, accident investigation, culture and staff involvement, administration, insurance compliance, setting and improving standards etc, and in accordance with wider employee engagement programmes.
- Provide induction training and arranges identified and approved H&S related training needs.
- Work alongside Site management structures in developing the sites for continued success taking part in projects or project work as required.
- Contribute to the general management and decision making, and activity of the Site Management teams.
- To support site wide initiatives and changes, in conjunction with the Factory Managers.
- People:Support site to deliver OHS Performance Targets
- Quality:Maintain Site SHE Compliance Standards
- Cost:Deliver SHE Cost savings from continuous improvement projects (High Level Priority Problems)
- Delivery:Site EHS Risk reduction mitigation via annual SHE continuous improvement master schedules
- Behavioural Requirements:Coach, Engage, and transfer SHE knowledge to all levels of the business to ensure leadership/engagement from SLT, and ownership/accountability from all other levels
A full job description is available upon application.
What you will need to succeed
The HSE Manager must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Suitable and relevant Health & Safety management qualification (or mix of equivalent experience) Ideally NEBOSH Diploma qualified (or equivalent) with active participation in the IOSH CPD programme.
- At least 2 years, Health & Safety & Environment experience at a supervisory level in a medium sized / multi-site manufacturing or service company (75 employees +) or large organisation operating in fast moving consumer goods markets.
- Suitably familiar with UK (and specifically Northern Ireland) H&S and Environmental Legislation.
- PC literate including being able to work with Microsoft (Excel/Word/Powerpoint) and manufacturing systems at an intermediate level.
- Well-developed communication skills – able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience. Can communicate with both internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels
- Training needs analysis and implementation of training plans
- Preparation and delivery of induction and H&S skills/awareness training
- Food industry experience would be an advantage.
What we have to offer:
Please contact Paul Muir to discuss this or other FMCG opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.