Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Contract, Permanent, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary £20000 - 30000
Updated 2 weeks ago
MCS Group is delighted to be working exclusively in partnership with our client, one of Northern Ireland's leading retail banks, to recruit a HR Payroll Consultant to support the internal payroll function. 12 Month FTC. Excellent salary & benefits on offer.
MCS Group is delighted to be working exclusively in partnership with our client, one of Northern Ireland’s leading retail banks, to recruit a HR Payroll Consultant to support the internal payroll function.
Our client is one of Northern Ireland’s leading retail banks and is renowned for their investment in their people, technologies, premises and product ranges, making them an employer of choice in the local market. This role will be based in their state of the art city centre office, making the location incredibly accessible.
As HR Payroll Consultant, you will be working within the HR Services function as part of a team to ensure that an accurate and compliant payroll service is provided to employees and pensioners in UK and ROI.
In line with the “Best Bank” vision the role will also involve working with the HR services team to implement improved processes ensuring efficient and effective ways of working. Typical duties will involve:
* Provision of accurate and timely data to our outsourced payroll provider to enable employee payments to be correctly calculated and paid on time including:
* Starter and leavers
* Changes in hours / contracts
* Pension contributions / options
* Any other benefits provided
* Resolution of any payroll related queries from employees
* Resolution of any payroll queries from the outsourced payroll provider
* Reconciliation of payroll reports including:
* all payroll related suspense accounts in line with corporate standard
* reconcile and process GL file
* Resolution of HMRC queries
* Delivery of changes required in payroll provision arising from business and regulatory changes
* Monitor and implement any new legislation impacting payroll calculations
* Review and validate payroll outputs to ensure accuracy in line with company policy and full compliance with HMRC/Revenue Commissioner rules
* Other activities as may be required by line manager
We are seeking professionals that can demonstrate
* Previous payroll experience including processing of SSP/SMP, PAYE and NIC compliance, P45 and P60’s, pension contributions including auto enrolment, AVC’s etc…, company benefit schemes.
* Experience of delivering a high quality employee service in a professional manner
* Experience of working as part of a team
* Excellent communication both internally with employees/managers but also with 3rd parties including payroll providers and HMRC.
* Attention to detail with a high degree of numeracy and analytical skills
* Solution driven
* Highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines
* Excellent understanding of statutory legislation.
In return, you will benefit from an excellent market leading salary ranging from £22,302 – £34,848 D.O.E along with enhanced holidays, canteen on site and an accessible, state of the art city centre location.
To discuss the role in more detail, contact Clare Simpson at MCS Group on 028 90235456 or email your CV via the link below.