Job Reference: MQ895822
Job Reference: MQ895822
Vickerstock are currently recruiting for an HR Officer for our client based in the Lurgan Area. The HR Officer will be responsible for delivering a cohesive HR Strategy over a range or HR areas, including Employee Relations, Absence Managements, Supporting Managers and providing professional advice in all HR Polices and Procedures. The HR Officer will report directly to the HR Business Partner.
The HR Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Deliver effective recruitment, selection, orientation and retention solutions, all within HR best practice and legislative guidelines.
- Ensure all employee data is collected and accurately input into the HR information system for the processing of payroll, administration and KPI reporting purposes.
- Provide training, coaching and support to employees and Line Managers on HR policies and procedures and legal requirements, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Accurately maintain and organise all employee records and take responsibility for the efficient management of the HR data.
- Manage processes in relation to disciplinary, grievance and other employee relations matters.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation through active involvement in team meetings, objectives, project work, training and communications
- Act as a liaison with the Agency Work provider/s and ensure provision of agency/temporary labour.
- Monitor and assist Managers in the application and management of the company’s absence management policy
- Support, deliver and manage the company’s learning and development plans
- To be discrete at all times, respecting the confidential nature of the HR role.
- To understand, report and identify trends in HR KPI’s
- To deputise for the HR Business Partner in their absence
The HR Officer should/ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years proven experience in generalist HR background in a similar role
- Administrative skills to a high professional standard
- An effective communicator with the confidence, influence and interpersonal skills to build productive working relationships at levels
- A strong team player, with a highly co-operative approach, committed to supporting the team when necessary
- Good organisation and time management skills, able to plan ahead and anticipate requirements and ensure clear handover and communication
- A resilient and tenacious approach, with the confidence to make decisions and resolve problems
- Gained / working towards CIPD qualification
- Experience of working and providing HR Support in a unionised environment
- Experience of training delivery
- Experience of working in a multi-tasked, fast paced HR environment
Contact Mary Quinn to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page