As part of the HR Team, you will work with a team of Expert HR Professionals, supporting and advising Managers across a diverse UK business.
Our people drive our business and our Human Resources (HR) department is responsible for defining and driving every aspect of our people strategy and priorities, in partnership with the business. Our teams create innovative and commercial solutions to deliver business results, and we are proud to have won a number of awards recognising our change programmes, learning & development initiatives and for our wellbeing programme, Be At Your Best.
Description of business unit
The HR Advisory Team forms part of the Retail UK HR Team. This is a centralised team, with HR Advisers based in Belfast and Bristol, providing advice and support to Line Managers across areas / locations in BOI UK (c 1,600 employees).
Purpose of the Role
The HR Adviser provides expert advice and support to Line Managers in relation to HR policy / procedure and in relation to the management of individual employee relations cases e.g. attendance, performance, grievance, disciplinary, bullying and harassment issues. The HR Adviser also works closely with the HR Business Partners in supporting the design and implementation of a range of HR and Business initiatives to support the achievement of the UK HR and Business strategy.
HR Advice / Case Management
- Provide Expert Advice to Line Managers on complex HR queries and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Advise Line Managers on all aspects of case management e.g. attendance, performance, grievance, discipline, bullying and harassment, including managing and supporting them through informal / formal procedures and investigations
- Ensure that day-to-day HR issues are pro-actively managed to conclusion in accordance with HR policies and procedures, employment legislation and best practice.
- Keep up to date with UK legislative changes, advise and interpret planned changes and recommend relevant UK policy / procedure changes and support the implementation of same as appropriate in conjunction with relevant BOI Group COE
- HR Initiatives
- In line with Business / People Strategy support the HR implementation of a variety of strategic projects and change programmes across the full spectrum of HR and business activities e.g, organisational change / consultation, employee well- being, CSR, policy development and so on.
- Proactively support the identification, design and implementation of initiatives to enhance Line Manager Capability across the UK, e.g. performance management, attendance, diversity, flexible working etc.
- Pro-actively coach and support people managers in all areas relating to the management of employees via development of work-shops / line manager training, or 1:1 coaching
- Customer Service
- Communicate the HR Advisory services to line managers ensuring they understand the scope of service and how to access it
- Encourage direct engagement between employees and their line managers
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients (Line Managers, HR Business Partners, SME`s, Group Industrial Relations, FSU, Partners Council, HR Operations).
- Ensure advice and support is provided in line with agreed SLA`s and that services provided by internal providers / key 3rd Parties is also provided in line with agreed service levels e.g. HR Operations and Group Resourcing and external providers such as Legal providers, OHP / EAP and BUPA. Escalate any related service issues and support the identification of appropriate resolutions
- Ensure a high level of HR advisory expertise is provided to all line managers across the business, facilitate and implement HR solutions in line with agreed service standards.
- Support the development and implementation of relevant HR Advisory MIS and review trends, agree appropriate actions plans.
What is the opportunity?
As part of the HR Team, you will work with a team of Expert HR Professionals, supporting and advising Managers across a diverse UK business. You will provide expert advice and support on a range of complex HR issues as well as supporting in the development and implementation of key HR and Business initiatives supporting the business to achieve its` strategic ambition to be the National Champion Bank.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in HR Generalist role, advising Line Managers on range of HR issues
- Specialist knowledge of UK / NI employment legislation, policy & HR best practice
- Experience of devising and implementing HR and Business Change initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong PC skills, proficiency in MS word, power point, excel and SAP
- Will require mobility to travel to all UK locations
Desirable qualifications, skills & experience
- Ideally educated to 3rd Level, in relevant discipline and CIPD qualified / membership or working towards
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.