Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Updated 3 days ago
This role requires the ability to manage a team of house keepers. To maintain the highest standards
POST: Housekeeping Manager
HOURS: 45 hours per week which includes 30 minutes per day break which will be unpaid. The postholder will be required to work 5 out 7 days and the weekly rota will normally be available at least one week in advance and may change to meet the needs of the hotel.
BASE: Corick House Hotel and Spa, 20 Corick Road, Clogher.
REPORTS TO: Front of House Manager
The postholder will be required to manage the day today operation of a team of housekeepers to ensure the maintainenace of a clean, hygienic, comfortable and tidy environment in the hotel for example, guest rooms, corridors, reception, stairways, lounges to the standards required by the hotel and in accordance with legislative requirements. The postholder will be responsible for the development and communication of staff rotas, induction, identification and implementation of training needs as appropriate. The postholder will also be expected to contribute positively to the overall customer experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Lead and motivate a team to achieve hotel objectives and individual targets on time.
• Ensure effective communication to all staff in relation to hotel issues as appropriate.
• Undertake, as required, induction for new and promoted staff and ensure induction records are maintained.
• Undertake Performance Management Reviews in a timely manner as required by the hotel.
• Assist with the design, development and implementation and review of a training schedule for designated staff.
• Assist in the implementation of all people management processes, for example, recruitment and selection and absence management.
Provide advice and guidance to staff on people issues as required by the hotel.
The postholder will be required to assist with/undertake some or all of the following duties:
• Ensure designated work areas are allocated, cleaned to maximise efficiency and to min-imise disruption to the customer.
• Ensure trolley stock is maintained for designated areas at beginning and end of shift.
• Order and manage stock levels.
• Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
• Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors.
• Vacuum clean carpets, rugs, curtains and drapes.
• Shampoo carpets, rugs and upholstery.
• Dust and polish furniture and fittings.
• Clean metal fixtures and fittings.
• Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers.
• Wipe down glass surfaces, including windows.
• Empty and clean rubbish containers.
• Replace dirty linens with clean items.
• Make up beds and change linens as required.
• Inspect and turn mattresses regularly.
• Restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, soaps, shampoos, writing supplies, mini bar.
• Check all appliances in rooms are in working order.
• Remove room service items.
• Report any personal items left by guests.
• Respond to calls for housekeeping problems such as spills, broken glasses.
• Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms.
• Ensure used linen, towels etc. are sent to laundry or other designated areas.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensure safe operation, usage and storage of cleaning equipment.
• Handle and store chemicals and cleaning agents in accordance with hotel standards and health and safety legislation e.g. COSHH.
• Ensure use of warning signs in public or other designated areas.
• Follow all hotel safety and security procedures.
• Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
• Observe and report damage of hotel property.
• Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms.
• Adhere to all fire safety test procedures and assist in the evacuation process as may be required.
• Ensure all Health and Safety records are maintained and stored securely.
• Greet customers.
• Respond to guest queries and requests as appropriate.
• Promote the hotel positively at all times through the hotel values and strive to maintain and build upon the excellent reputation of the hotel.
• Conduct yourself in a trustworthy, reasonable and responsible manner when undertaking your duties.
• Promote a good and harmonious working environment where all are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation or harassment is tolerated.
• Abide by all company policies and procedures and ensure that these are implemented in the area of responsibility.
• Within the context of the post, ensure full compliance with hotel health and safety requirements.
• Participate in recruitment and selection, staff development and training events.
• Any other duties deemed necessary with the postholder competency to ensure the effective operation of your role within the hotel.
This is the description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is the practice of the hotel to periodically examine staff job descriptions and to update them to ensure that they continue to relate to the job. It is the aim of the hotel to reach agreement to reasonable changes following discussion with the post holder.