Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £40000 - 50000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Financial Controller (Exclusive Role) Location: Belfast Salary: £40-50k
VANRATH are exclusively recruiting for a Commercial Financial Controller for a leading Retail business in Greater Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accountant who wants to step up to a Financial Controller role to join a highly sought after organisation where there is a long term career for dynamic finance professional.
-Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for the operational management.
– Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts.
– Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group’s accounting records and financial systems.
– Production of statutory accounts for the various companies in Pharmacy Division as and when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate.
– Preparation of budgets and forecasts and continued monitoring and review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances
– Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to stock and cash balances.
– Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies and savings.
– Assist in the production of a Control and Procedures manual and to ensure it is being adhered to.
– Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organisation.
The Ideal Person:
– Qualified Accountant
– 2-4+ Years post qualified experience in a similar role/ environment
– Strong commercial acumen and ability to show examples of driving commercial strategic change
– Strong management skills and ability to develop finance and accounting staff
– Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and challenging environment
– Strong communication, with the ability to present complex financial data and concepts in a clear and concise way to non-finance professionals
– Strong influencing skills, able to persuade and influence challenging colleagues and partners
Salary will be in the region of £40-50k.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Barbara McKiernan in the strictest confidence