Financial Accountant required for Leading Charitable organisation.
CPL are recruiting for an ambitious Financial Accountant on behalf of a leading not for profit organisation in Belfast. The Financial Accountant will lead the finance team to ensure the provision of high quality and timely delivery of financial information and the development of internal control processes.
This is a fantastic role for career minded individuals to join an organisation who prove to be the biggest provider in their field and can offer an opportunity to develop your career in a deeply rewarding environment.
- Control and manage the monthly period – end closure procedures and prepare the year – end financial statements including liaising with external advisors in the audit of same.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of recordings of all transactions in a controlled and properly authorised manner through the use of appropriate checks and reconciliations designed to ensure accuracy and integrity of input and of the information provided to users of financial information.
- Ensure all monies due to the Organisation are duly recovered and suppliers are paid within credit terms set.
- Responsibility for monitoring cash flows and working capital requirements.
- Control and authorise all journal and other postings to the finance ledgers and ensure all sub ledgers are reconciled to the nominal ledger on a periodic basis.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and producing monthly balance sheet.
- Assist in the training of finance staff and to provide finance training for non-financial managers
- Delegate and manage the workloads of direct reports ensuring efficient and accurate response.
- Qualified Accountant and current member of recognised CCAB body
- Demonstrate minimum 2 years’ experience at senior/supervisory level
- Demonstrate evidence of strong financial accounts and analysis experience
- Excellent Numeracy & IT skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy job please apply via the link below or contact Darrach Teague in the strictest confidence on 0289072 5622