Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Updated 22 hours ago
Job Description Summary The Financial Accountant is responsible for a wide variety of tasks including assisting the other Financial Accountants and Group Head of Finance in the management of all aspects of the Finance function including monthly and annual reporting cycles.
Job title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: Senior Financial Accountant
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
The Financial Accountant is responsible for performing a wide variety of accounting tasks which will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
• Performing the month end payroll accounting process, with responsibility for journal entries, allocations and subsequent P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Performing full cycle month end accounting tasks as required
• Prepayment and accruals posting and reconciliation
• Assist with Group VAT reconciliations and returns
• Use electronic banking to monitor cash balances and make payments and intercompany transfers
• Review the bank reconciliations of various bank accounts in a variety of currencies
• Helping prepare account analysis, including providing P&L reports v budget and analysis expenditure for budget owners
• Liaise with other departments in Kainos (e.g. Admin, Systems, HR and Operations)
• Assist with the interim and year end audit & financial reporting
• General finance support to the rest of the team
• Provide support to the Financial Controller and Deputy CFO as required
Minimum (essential) requirements:
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a relevant working environment
• Completion of relevant accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable prioritising work and meeting deadlines
• Sound knowledge of accounting software e.g. Workday or a similar package
• Payroll accounting experience
• VAT accounting experience
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.