My client is a leading electronics company who are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Field Sales Engineer to join their company, technical sales experience needed.
This will be a field based role covering Ireland.
Salary of £23-26k (dependant on experience) plus commission.
Purpose of the job:
You will be meeting the set sales and contribution margin targets as defined in the business plan, in accordance with the guidelines of the sales manual.
- Must have a college degree in a technical discipline, or can have previous experience within a similar role
- Have professional experience in the distribution or development of technical products
- Previous sales experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Promoting and fostering customer relations by way of personal contact
- Ensuring regular customer contact
- Determining visiting schedules for all customers (annual planning)
- Preparing visiting strategies and setting up the agenda of such visits and following up on customer visits
- Incorporating internal sales force, product marketing and FAEs in the acquisition process to ensure sales success
- Acquiring new customers to improve regional structures and to maximise sales
- Optimising customer potential with respect to the entire product range
- Preparing quotations
- Marketing activities and promotions
- Customer follow-up to secure supplementary orders and quotations
- Setting up and controlling the sales plan for the assigned customers
- Reporting on status, development and forecast to the Area Sales Manager
- Carrying out customer analyses by way of individual customer profiles and customer product analyses; determining measures and activities
- Supporting the internal sales force and provide information on current business activities
- Enabling direct customer contact for the product marketing tam by way of project work and joint visits
- Taking current information on prices, delivery times and stocks into consideration
- Coordinating orders/quotations
- No engineering is involved