An excellent opportunity for a temporary part-time Events Coordinator
Must be available from the end of October - June 2019 (approx 9 months)
2/3 days with the likelihood of this increasing as the event gets closer
Located in Belfast but must be able to travel to various locations
An excellent opportunity for a temporary part-time Events Co-Ordinator
The purpose of this post is to co-ordinate the development, planning and delivery of a charitable event in June 2019.
- Manager of stakeholders – will work effectively with wide variety of stakeholders both externally and internally. This will include working with key organisations, the media, speakers, sponsors and actively promoting the event and organisation. Must be able to identify stakeholders and be able to build productive relationships, securing involvement and commitment.
- Manager of communications and marketing – must be able to effectively maintain, collate and distribute information relating to the event. Will be the main point of contact for communication between event working group, individuals and organisation who may wish to participate in the event. Must be able to develop and maintain all processes, systems and communications plans to ensure everyone involved is up to date and informed of progress in planning.
- Must be an excellent communicator and be able to craft communications that engage a variety of groups across both email, written text and social media. Also must be able to deliver to tight timescales and deadlines when the need arises.
- Produce reports and materials as required and ensure all information is accurate, relevant and in an accessible format for the audiences
- The Co-ordinator will take responsibility for their own work and will work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues to build good relationships that allow the achievement of performance objectives. Must be able to work as part of the event team and will support colleagues to deliver a high quality and seamless experience to event participants, this may require flexible working and work that supports the remit of other team members
- Responsible for organising all activities associated with the event, they will be able to identify the needs of the people and organisations participating and be able to develop a positive and engaging programme that takes these needs into account
- Event management will include the overall project management of the event & they must be able to liaise with the event working group as well as stakeholders to source venues and plan the content for the event. responsible for all event logistics
- Flexibility – will be required to work some evenings and weekends as part of their overall hours
- Must be able to travel to different locations throughout NI
- Good knowledge of ICT, including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of events/project management
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people in different situations
- Able to communicate ideas and information clearly both in writing and verbally
- Working co-operatively with others
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of prioritising work to ensure that tasks can be completed
- Experience of organising and co-ordinating events and / or activities