Exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor. Gain experience on large-scale projects. Competitive Salary & Benefits packages.
Job Title: Estimator – Tier 1 Main Contractor
Salary Range: £35,000 – £45,000 & benefits package (negotiable depending on experience).
Job Location: Greater Belfast, UK travel required.
Vickerstock are working alongside a Tier 1 Main Contractor based in Great Belfast area to recruit and Estimator with experienced in the building and construction sector.
With an award-winning reputation in NI & UK for providing first-class building services across a range of sectors including commercial, retail, educational, residential, hotels & restaurants this company delivers a broad portfolio of major projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to build a career with a Main Contractor working on large multi-million pound projects throughout NI & UK.
- 3rd level degree qualifications in a building/construction, Quantity surveying or civil engineering discipline and/or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience working on estimating projects in excess of £1m+ value.
- Experience in a previous estimating role, preferable new build, refurbishment or fit out, with full responsibility of bidding process from implementation to final submission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate confidently to all levels of business.
- Ability to work to deadlines and a proactive, organised approach to work schedules.
- Extensive knowledge of Metal Technology & Schuco required.
- Experience in the use of Logikal & SchueCal software is essential
- Lead estimator preparing tender submissions, estimates and proposals in line with client policies and procedures.
- Assisting with monthly valuations and final accounts in line with project needs.
- Sourcing, negotiation and evaluating of supplier and sub-contractors quotations.
- Maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
- Negotiation and evaluation of advantageous terms to the company in compliance with specific contract/project needs and requirements.
- The auditing of Measure Terms Contracts.
- Bill of quantities documentation preparation from drawings, specifications and schedule finishes.
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract.
- Liaise with design personnel ensuring they are provided with appropriate and updated documentation related to specific projects.
- Primarily based in office but some travelling may be required as market conditions or external factors may affect tender submission/negotiation
For additional information on this vacancy contact Paul McGinn or send a current updated CV in strict confidence.