Thompson Aero Seating is recognized for cutting edge design, engineering and manufacture of premium business-class, full flat-bed airline seating.
We have a number of fantastic opportunities for Electrical Design Engineers to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company, with a global reputation for quality and excellence.
Working within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations.
- Integrate Airframe Manufacturer, In-Flight Entertainment, Seat Actuation & Earth Bonding components into mechanical seat structures
- Route cables in 3D within the seats to industry standard
- Modify or Create small sheet metal parts in support of electrical tasks
- Integrate electrical systems to Airbus & Boeing Standards
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors in support of projects
- Support prototyping for new projects
- Shop Floor support for First Article Inspection & Production seats
- Creating Test Plans and Reports for electrical testing of seats
- Support customer meetings on an Electrical Basis
- Provide end to end support on an electrical basis throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Supporting the wider electrical team to achieve milestone dates
- Some Travel may be required to support aftermarket or customer installations
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience within a Manufacturing or Engineering discipline
- Strong IT skills, particularly computer-aided design
- Experience using Pro-E, Solid Works or another 3D design package however Catia V5/V6 would be advantageous
- A high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems;
- Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people, including clients, contractors, designers, directors and production operatives.
- Precise and concise written communication skills
- Creative ability
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Organisational skills, such as time and resource planning
- Previous experience of the aerospace industry
- Previous 3D harness routing experience
- Previous experience writing test plans/reports
How to Apply:
Please apply by complete & return using the link below.
This listing will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been receive
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunities employer